Your photos

Discussion in 'The CookingBites Cafe' started by buckytom, 31 Mar 2017.

1. impish

impish Regular Member

I could use some guidance here. Is "Photos" supposed to be limited to FOOD related photos?
    impish

2. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Midlands, England

:eek: :ohmy: wow! That is impressive :thumbsup:

3. Lullabelle

Hope not, I don't post many food pics in here :unsure:

impish likes this.
  4. Wandering Bob

Wandering Bob Well-Known Member

As far as I know @impish … you can post whatever you like in threads within the Cooking Bites Café sub-forum, it doesn't have to be restricted to food-related topics.

impish likes this.
  5. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb Recipe Challenge Judge

I consider it a thread for photos other than food or pets (as there are other threads specifically designed for such photos).

Of course, I could be wrong.

impish likes this.
  6. Lullabelle

That is my interpretation

7. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

'Your photos' means just that - any photo which you have taken of anything. In practice, most of the photos in this thread are not of dishes which members' have cooked themselves as they usually post such photos in other threads.

As the original post says:

Last edited: 9 Jan 2019
  8. rascal

rascal Über Member

It's a fruit growing area along with hops and famous also for grapes. The French door view if you look at the top it's covered in grapes. The place had horses there so kids were down there every day patting the horses. We rented it for 12 days. My son and I go halves.

impish and morning glory like this.
  9. rascal

rascal Über Member

The tuis have amazing whistling sounds. They were rare but making a comeback. Was the closest I've ever seen them, they have a white patch on their neck, one was recently discovered as a white one. Explained by some expert as a imbalance somewhere.?

Russ

10. impish

impish Regular Member

@Wandering Bob
    I shall take that to heart then! I am fairly bursting with things to show "the world", as thus far only I have been scrutinizing them.

rascal and morning glory like this.
  11. rascal

rascal Über Member

That's an awesome build. I built my second story with my son when he was 15 and a mate who,is a builder oversaw everything. Great knowing you built stuff.

Russ

impish likes this.
  12. epicuric

epicuric Veteran Staff Member

IMG_0989.JPG
    Walking down a street in Chesterfield yesterday when I looked up and saw this twisted spire! Apparently, it was built in the C14th at the time of The Black Death. It is thought that the expert builders died of the plague before completing it, and that it was finished off by amateurs who forgot to brace it properly. It leans 9' 5" from true.

Lullabelle and rascal like this.
  13. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

Yes - I've stayed in Chesterfield. You also pass it on the train and can see the spire from the window when you travel to Sheffield (I think).

14. rascal

rascal Über Member

Great pic of the spire. Amazing it still stands !!

Russ

15. SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn Site Owner Staff Member

I too know that chore . It's the height of summer here and I'm already looking at the 10 tonnes of wood I'll need for the winter fuel supply. Hubby cuts to size , I split if I can actually pick it up. Australia only seems to burn eucalyptus wood which is either hard, very hard or simply impossible wood . There is no soft wood like pine. I look back at UK wood with envy. There most stoves were either wood only or multifuel, so wood and coal which burns at a much higher temperatures. In Australia it is wood only because there is no sale of coal domestically .it was banned many years ago . I love how quickly roads blocked by fallen branches (not trees but branches which are big enough to be a tree by themselves) , I love how quickly they are cleared . People line up (well not quite but that's how it feels ) to cut up the wood and clear it into the back of their pick-up with trailer and it just disappears ...
    I've only ever lived on wood burning stoves (slow combustion stove in Australian) or open fires, so it's a never ending chore which had definitely gotten harder in the last 4 years since my back went on me.

Wandering Bob likes this.