Your Photos

This is a place called the bay of islands. This is Russell. I'm not named after this place but I do love it up there.
We go there every 4 or 5 years. It's in the north island. Pohutakawas every where. Beautiful tree.
Pronounced Poe hoota kar Wah.

Russ
Most beautiful! I reveal here my most-disliked temperament: showing the "other side of the coin". We have inherited here in some of our warm Southern States, an environmentally-challenging vine named Kudzu. It can literally envelope entire trees, shutting off their supply of light:
th?id=OIP.Xdh_YZcaNklorTtLY6RlXwHaEc&pid=15.jpg

th?id=OIP.Bta9-aB-QlXBL67vRaiWyAHaG0&pid=15.jpg

th?id=OIP.9YUqDchQPB9NkDESN1lUPAHaEo&pid=15.jpg

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kudzu#Ecological_damage_and_roles

I spent some time on the moors of the Brecon Beacons and in February '70. It was extremely cold.

Not my books - I am staying with my friend in Saffron Walden (Essex). Its not Spring yet - we just get imported daffodils from late January onwards.

Our daffs appear August here, hagley park (huge park in our city) is full of them. Our city is surrounded by the 4 avenues. These also are full of them as well. People get peed off as a few Asians pinch them and resell them.

Russ

I heard all about them Essex girls lol, in a pub in London. The moat house from memory?

Russ

My friend is a man. But anyway - there is a well known series in the UK called TOWIE (The Only Way is Essex) a semi-documentary with Essex lasses and lads. In truth, Essex is a very large county and there are all sorts here - Jamie Oliver is an Essex lad. Saffron Walden is the twee bit (near Cambridge) and until very recently Germain Greer lived up the road.

My friend is a man. But anyway - there is a well known series in the UK called TOWIE (The Only Way is Essex) a semi-documentary with Essex lasses and lads. In truth, Essex is a very large county and there are all sorts here - Jamie Oliver is an Essex lad. Saffron Walden is the twee bit (near Cambridge) and until very recently Germain Greer lived up the road.

I've heard of all of them, there is a tv programme about Essex people, I don't watch reality tv. I met 2 Irishmen in my hotel, we got on the lash, they said Essex girls were the best,lol.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom