Your Photos

I love trains, but I don't take pics of them. People here are obsessed with trains. They are called foamers here. Running around with their cameras taking pics. And foaming at the mouth,lol.

Russ

I'm not in the general habit of taking photos of trains. In this case, it was something a bit unusual and went right past the house.

We're right across the Firth of Forth from Edinburgh and if you can't do Trainspotting in Edinburgh, you can't do it anywhere...

Rubbish photo - a jay on the bird feeder in the garden.

fullsizeoutput_4854.jpeg

I'm not in the general habit of taking photos of trains. In this case, it was something a bit unusual and went right past the house.

We're right across the Firth of Forth from Edinburgh and if you can't do Trainspotting in Edinburgh, you can't do it anywhere...

It was around your area I had the best fish n chips ever!!!

Russ

You can tell that summer is on the way, because these brutes start appearing in the Firth of Forth.

View attachment 28469

We have a place called akaroa, giggle it, it's a neat wee town, about an hour away. It's been getting cruise ships since Lyttleton (our port) can't take them due to earthquakes we had in 11 and 2012.
People in the village have been moaning about too many people in town. I don't get that.... People with pockets of cash coming into a wee town. I would welcome them!!

Russ

We have a place called akaroa, giggle it, it's a neat wee town, about an hour away. It's been getting cruise ships since Lyttleton (our port) can't take them due to earthquakes we had in 11 and 2012.
People in the village have been moaning about too many people in town. I don't get that.... People with pockets of cash coming into a wee town. I would welcome them!!

Russ

There was a crash in Venice, thankfully no one was seriously hurt or killed, locals want to ban the cruise ships, fair point, but the tourists bring in money to the local area, I believe an alternative docking place is being sought.

You can tell that summer is on the way, because these brutes start appearing in the Firth of Forth.

View attachment 28469

Russ

To be fair those things are pretty ugly, yes they bring in income but just don't look too nice.

There was a crash in Venice, thankfully no one was seriously hurt or killed, locals want to ban the cruise ships, fair point, but the tourists bring in money to the local area, I believe an alternative docking place is being sought.

The citizens of Venezia are rightly protesting, and I am with them. I doubt Venice needs so much that tourists bring more money than they normally do.
The word tourism is often used to justify anything, even such nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom