Your Photos

Ireland (Giant's Causeway) - 2018

England (Sandringham) - 2019

England (Bourton-On-The-Water) - 2018

6n.jpg

This giant squirrel is eating the bark of the mangosteen tree. He does that all the time. Now most of the bark is gone. He is going to finish off the whole tree it seems. During the season he and his spouse ate all the fruits of this tree. Now he is eating the bark of the tree. :D

View attachment 55067

This giant squirrel is eating the bark of the mangosteen tree. He does that all the time. Now most of the bark is gone. He is going to finish off the whole tree it seems. During the season he and his spouse ate all the fruits of this tree. Now he is eating the bark of the tree. :D
There has been lots of footage of your Galle cricket stadium on British TV. Looks a very unusual setting.

Reactions: mjd
There has been lots of footage of your Galle cricket stadium on British TV. Looks a very unusual setting.
Galle stadium is situated right next to the old Dutch Fortress. Therefore pavilions cannot be built covering that side as it's a historic site. And the other side is the Galle main bus station so that side also has limited space. That ground was the town playground earlier which was then turned into an international cricket stadium.
I usually don't watch cricket but that's the most popular game here. :)

Galle stadium is situated right next to the old Dutch Fortress. Therefore pavilions cannot be built covering that side as it's a historic site. And the other side is the Galle main bus station so that side also has limited space. That ground was the town playground earlier which was then turned into an international cricket stadium.
I usually don't watch cricket but that's the most popular game here. :)
From the aerial photos it appears to be built on a narrow peninsular.

What I used to do was take just two keys and swap them. It would take forever for someone to notice. :laugh:
That would only work for someone that types looking at the keys. It wouldn't matter how they are rearranged for people that can type without looking.

Why am I not surprised that you're an office prankster? LOL

I've always wanted a typewriter😍
When I was studying my AL exam I had no private tuition money. So I had an agreement with a popular teacher: I would write his notes and he would teach me free. One day he sent me to see if his typewriter is repaired. And the repair guy's name was Omelette. I don't know if he wrote it like that but it sounded like that. First I thought it was a prank of the teacher. But I went there and found that his name was Omelette for real.
I know this is unrelated but I couldn't help but telling.

When I was studying my AL exam I had no private tuition money. So I had an agreement with a popular teacher: I would write his notes and he would teach me free. One day he sent me to see if his typewriter is repaired. And the repair guy's name was Omelette. I don't know if he wrote it like that but it sounded like that. First I thought it was a prank of the teacher. But I went there and found that his name was Omelette for real.
I know this is unrelated but I couldn't help but telling.
The fact that there's someone in the world named Omelette is actually a very funny story.

Last edited:
That would only work for someone that types looking at the keys. It wouldn't matter how they are rearranged for people that can type without looking.

Why am I not surprised that you're an office prankster? LOL
Most of the guys I worked with (pre computer days) were hunt-and-peck typists.

There used to be an old slightly-inappropriate joke: "You type like the old widow woman, a hunt-n-pecker (a-huntin' pecker)!"

I would disagree, though, with being a prankster. I detest pranks, for the most part, as they're always meant to make someone look stupid, guised as a "joke." I don't find them funny at all.

Any time I ever pranked anyone, it was to get back at (and be just serious enough to stop) another prankster. The letter-switching, for example, was done right before performance feedback time, to a fellow office admin who enjoyed doing things like breaking into your car during the day, pulling the plug wires, leaving you stranded...until the next day. A few typos on a letter might not seem a big deal, but when that's your main job, a bunch of mistakes on correspondence from the squadron commander can be damning.

Back
Top Bottom