Your Photos

Cala Domestica. South Sardinia.

And my fave Scivu Beach, South Sardinia. Well, that day the Maestrale was a bit strong 😅

Oh wow I so want to see that beach 😍

It’s my fave place, my peaceful corner during summer. The cool thing is that there are always very few people - in the second one photo, Scivu. Cala Domestica is more little and often full of people, yet superb.
Watch out though; the temp in Sardinia especially in August can get +42/43c..

Last edited:
It’s my fave place, my peaceful corner during summer. The cool thing is that there are always very few people - in the second one photo, Scivu. Cala Domestica is more little and often full of people, yet superb.
Watch out thought; the temp in Sardinia especially in August can get +42/43c..
It was between 35 and 41 for 2 weeks here last year 🤣 so I should be very sweaty but fine lol

One of my favorite works of abstract minimalism composition in photography "Match Book."

full.jpg

The photo op became apparent to me while I was doing my laundry at a laundromat. There was a real match book lying atop the coin box of a wash machine and I was viewing it from the opposite side with the shelf between. The green wall and the grayish shelf form the abstraction of a match book and its striker pad. The coin box appears as a single abstract match head poking out.

It was a serendipity shot, to be sure. But by the time I took this shot, I had years of training my vision for such compositions and it came to me quickly.

This composition is titled "The Keep."

full.jpg

It exists at a location called Lover's Cove in Monterey, California. Lover's is a small beech where scuba divers often go to dive the local kelp bed waters off shore in Monterey.

Back
Top Bottom