Your Photos

IMG-20170105-WA0002.jpg

Speaking of things Italian, we go to the San Gennaro festival in NYC's Little Italy every September.
The food is always fantastic!

0924161916c.jpg

0924161913g_HDR.jpg

0924161727_HDR.jpg

If you've ever seen the Godfather movies, this is the street and the festival depicted in them.
Now, the only criminals are the street vendors who charge an arm and a leg for their food...

Last edited:
Speaking of things Italian, we go to the San Genarro festival in NYC's Little Italy every September.
The food is always fantastic!

View attachment 6204

View attachment 6205

View attachment 6206

If you've ever seen the Godfather movies, this is the street and the festival depicted in them.
Now, the only criminals are the street vendors who charge an arm and a leg for their food...

Folcloristic. Seems that San Gennaro would be the only Saint of Italy..I immagine the food how was fantastic however..Yes I saw Godfather's movie, but I'm not a fan.

Yes, a lot of Italian Americans embrace the familial part of the movies, but despise the notion that Italians are just a heartbeat away from becoming criminals.

I am half Italian and those festival photos reminded me of such religious celebrations in Italy! It's a strange sight to see the Madonna, heavily laden in gold jewellery, held up by supporters as they parade down the main street.....with police either side....er, just for good measure, you understand! :ohmy: :okay: :unsure: :headshake:

The food often boasts a hog roast, lupini (which I love) - large, yellow, salted beans and fresh coconut slices amongst other delights.

Oh and Italian fireworks! Wow! Amazing!!

Last edited:
My son cutting up some grilled flank steak at my place last summer...Apparently, he was being watched by Doug the Pug...
OdCqOdo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom