• 6 eggs
  • 1/3 cup (80ml) low fat milk
  • Salt & freshly ground pepper
  • 350g (about 3) zucchini, coarsely grated, excess moisture squeezed
  • 250g (about 2) carrots, coarsely grated
  • 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
  • Salad, to serve

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line an 18cm-square cake pan with non-stick baking paper. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add ham and onion, and cook, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes or until soft. Drain on paper towel. Set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.

2. Step 2
    Whisk the eggs and milk together. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the zucchini, carrot and ham mixture until well combined. Stir in the flour. Spoon into the pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set and golden brown. Set aside in the pan for 15 minutes before cutting into pieces. Serve with the salad.
zucchini-carrot-ham-slice-11020_l.jpg

I am down with this. Ham and onions are two of my favourite combos. There is no cheese? Cheese would have made it sure winner for me. I thought it was all cheesy and stuff. Oh well...I still like how it looks.

There is no cheese? Cheese would have made it sure winner for me. I thought it was all cheesy and stuff. Oh well...I still like how it looks.

Yes, I think cheese would go well with this recipe. No harm in adding it. I too like cheese with these type of dishes. Maybe it could be sprinkled on top or something.

Back
Top Bottom