Air fryer cooking

I scooped up 3 of these discounted Aussie Wagyu striploins and pulled one out of the freezer to airfry today:

IMG_5365.jpg

Seasoned with some S&P then 9 minutes @ 200C, turn after 7 mins:

IMG_5361.jpg

Served with some black peppercorn sauce I had leftover in the freezer; I ate it right off the cutting board :D

IMG_5362.jpg

This morning's experimentation with the gigantic black beast produced two failures. I prepped the hash browns and formed them on the cutting board. I normally form them in the skillet. Then I couldn't figure out how to get it into the basket so I gave up and cooked it in a skillet as I normally do. The second one wasn't so much a failure as a slight disappointment.
View attachment 109812
Fruit makes a great breakfast dessert. The image shows platanos maduros (fried ripe plantain) cooked in the black beast. I used 360 degrees F for 10 minutes at medium wattage. It was a guess. I wasn't happy with the look of them and I prefer the taste when I saute them in a skillet. So I slathered them with strawberry syrup to nail down their role as a dessert. I enjoyed them so it wasn't really a failure. Perhaps someone can guide me toward better settings. You all cook plantains in your air fryers, don't you? :)
I love plantains but I don't cook them in the air fryer, No.

The BBC seems to have put together a nice compilation of air fryer recipes that show it’s for more than chips.
I haven’t looked at them all but thought some air fryer fans might like to peruse.

Air fryer recipes

As one often sees these are made with cooked chickpeas. The real deal should be made with uncooked soaked chickpeas. Its a completely different outcome.

Another air fryer win: mushrooms, quartered and tossed in a couple of tablespoons of the herbed butter I made recently (this one being parsley and garlic and lemon zest), then in the air fryer for about 12 minutes.

MrsT loved them.

Another air fryer win: mushrooms, quartered and tossed in a couple of tablespoons of the herbed butter I made recently (this one being parsley and garlic and lemon zest), then in the air fryer for about 12 minutes.

MrsT loved them.
I think this forum gives me some sort of foody ADHD 🤣

I read the posts and think yum lovely I fancy some of that, I'll get the ingredients, then 30 seconds later yum lovely, I'll get some of that, I'll get the ingredients and on and on it goes 😆

I've got a list so long now I can't remember it!

Now there's air fryer mushrooms to add to -
-Baked Baked Garlic with Goat Cheese
-Salmon and cream cheese fried rangoons
-Radiccio, prawn and bacon salad with blue cream cheese dressing
-Broccoli and Tahini Soup
-Smoked Gouda Chicken
-Anthony's Coal Fired Wings
-Sweet Chestnut & Spinach Cannelloni
-Ms. Mofet's Lemon Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting
-Venezuelan Arepas
-Medtrans Hominy breakfast thing
and a there's boatload of sumac recipes!

If I carry on at this rate I won't have long enough to live to try all these things 🤣

Perhaps there should be an option to disable bookmarks for people like me 😆

I read the posts and think yum lovely I fancy some of that, I'll get the ingredients, then 30 seconds later yum lovely, I'll get some of that, I'll get the ingredients and on and on it goes 😆
My problem is, I actually go out and buy the ingredients, then completely forget what I bought the ingredients for, sit down and spend two hours finding something new to make with those ingredients, then halfway through eating, I remember what I originally wanted them for.

Back
Top Bottom