Plans for today (2024)

Morning was meant to be a leisurely saunter around the international market, but there was a huuuuuuge detour for road work, so that cut into my stroll, turning it into a mad rush, as we have plans tonight.

Now I’m back home, just enough time to put the purchases away, check in here, catch my breath, then get changed.

Morning was meant to be a leisurely saunter around the international market, but there was a huuuuuuge detour for road work, so that cut into my stroll, turning it into a mad rush, as we have plans tonight.

Now I’m back home, just enough time to put the purchases away, check in here, catch my breath, then get changed.
I hate that!

The plans for 8 years since landing in Australia are gardening, mostly cutting the lawn, but I need to plant the garlic and leeks out and get some beans and pea seeds in a well a spreading ash over areas recently composted. I'm sure there is something else, but I've forgotten.

Tomorrow will be spent indoors on the computer, so I'll try to make the most of the nice weather today. 🌞

Yesterday's family birthday party was good, food was mostly vegetarian/vegan rather tasty it was too.
Entertainment was a magician, his 1st card trick in front of us was shabby, we saw exactly what he did and how. Not a fan but others seemed to like him.

Minis again. Slowly making progress. Got my witch doll's face painted. Boy was that fun. I used a 30/0 brush. Got her boots painted too, at least I could use a slightly larger brush for those. Made final decisions on her dress fabric and hair color now that her body has been put together and face painted.

Used silicone molds and air drying clay to make decorations for a chaise lounge for a princess/queen, plus for my class doll of an elf princess with her dragon. They are partially painted in metallic gold, and will be glazed with a color shifting gold/green/blue glaze after the base gold is finished. Got the pillow finished for the elf.

I'm taking a day off today. Had a Food Course here yesterday and we had a great time (although loads of washing up) and today I was going to re-pot some seedlings, peel some mangoes, make this and that.
I thought, nope, I'll just watch Manchester City play football.
They did. What a game. Champions for the 4th season in a row, and well-deserved,even though they're not my team.

The fabric is cut for the witch's dress. Next will be ironing some edges under, then hand sewing a couple of running stitch rows on the skirt so I can gather it up. These are  tiny. I remember making clothes for my Barbie dolls with my mother and they were certainly not easy to make. These are half the size of Barbie clothes.

The gold painting is done for the bed and chaise decorations, and the color shift glaze is partially done.

My eyes and hands are tiny-ed out for the day. I don't know how people work on minis for hours a day. 2.5-3 hours is about it for me then I start getting an agitated/anxious feeling, and my hands start shaking.

The fabric is cut for the witch's dress. Next will be ironing some edges under, then hand sewing a couple of running stitch rows on the skirt so I can gather it up. These are  tiny. I remember making clothes for my Barbie dolls with my mother and they were certainly not easy to make. These are half the size of Barbie clothes.

The gold painting is done for the bed and chaise decorations, and the color shift glaze is partially done.

My eyes and hands are tiny-ed out for the day. I don't know how people work on minis for hours a day. 2.5-3 hours is about it for me then I start getting an agitated/anxious feeling, and my hands start shaking.
You've done a lot though. When folk work on them all day I bet they aren't doing much more!!

Cream cheese! Cream cheese!
I've got time to write up my recipe for the sushi arancini before work this afternoon, then we've got dinner plans with friends from out of town and a graduation party tomorrow. No time for making my other cream cheese entry.

Back
Top Bottom