The CookingBites recipe challenge: cream cheese

Nothing difficult here, and no surprises...it's a fudgy, chocolatey treat, made extra rich with cream cheese, and a little something extra from some orange liqueur.
I made LOTS of chocolate truffles to give as gifts last Christmas. I made plain dark chocolate truffles rolled in cocoa powder, dark chocolate with a pinch of cayenne rolled in cocoa powder and a small pinch of red sanding sugar, and dark chocolate truffles with homemade Kalua dipped in dark chocolate.
All were a great hit.

Recipe - Cream cheese and banana stuffed French toast
Stuffed FT plated.jpg

Last edited:
So sometimes the obvious escapes me. I was struggling with the implementation of this idea I had of making salmon and cream cheese sushi arancini, using sticky sushi rice that kept getting stuck on my hand and was making the balls too rice-thick (although some sushi restaurants do go heavy on rice) and I remembered that: when some of the sushi chefs roll they use plastic wrap to line the bamboo mat. Duh. I was really getting annoyed.

Here's my first couple I fried before I figured it out.

20240522_225058.jpg

Now that was really tasty, but way too much rice. I will do the rest lining my hand with some plastic wrap before putting the rice and filling in it. Already tried it and it works like a charm!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom