The General Chat Thread (2024)?

Leicester tonight
FB_IMG_1715381198004.jpg
FB_IMG_1715381208489.jpg
FB_IMG_1715381216135.jpg
FB_IMG_1715381241402.jpg

I've got no idea what the variety of ants is here, but I can assure you, there are plenty.
In the kitchen, you'll often find teeny weeny an ts, no more than a milimeter long. Then in the garden, there are black, leaf eater ants, red ants, bachacos (which will strip the leaves off all your plants in a night) and a wood ant which is black, about a cm long, with a hammerhead - just like the shark. They move at the speed of light and the bite is like a red hot needle.
Then in the Amazon, there's a particular variety called the Kumachi ant, which is used to make a particularly potent hot sauce called, surprisingly, Kumache. VERY hot and slightly peanut-flavoured.
we but ant powder in the supermarket. Dump it on any trail of ants (or ant nests in the garden) and they're gone by the next day.

That's gorgous! It rained up here, typical of anything cool happening in the sky, we either get a bunch of clouds or rain. I guess it was nice to see up on Lake Erie last night, though. It usually stays pretty clear along the lake.

We do often get some nice colorful sunsets here in Akron due to the permanent pollution from all of the tire factories that used to be in operation here a few decades ago!

Back
Top Bottom