What are you baking today (2024)?

Does foccaccia count?
It did go in the oven after all :)
Gas oven. Would have liked it a bit browner on top. Nothing wrong with the taste though
IMG_20240508_092004_855.jpg

Yes it would if packed in a cooling bag, the crust is best when the butter can keep it solid as it has no other binding agents
That’s totally doable 👍
Just wondering if this would suit my family get together, my Pa adores apple crumble but mostly he adores complaining theres not enough crumble and too much apple 😂
This might be the fix!

I'm going to bake a cake. Using a box of yellow cake mix and some orange marmalade with some orange marmalade cream cheese frosting. Hoping it turns out good!
Well my experiment worked out fine! I made mini cakes and some cupcakes.
20240511_203032.jpg
For the frosting, I took a Duncan Hines vanilla cream cheese frosting container and put it in a bowl with some orange marmalade and plain cream cheese and whipped it until it was light and fluffy. I used 2 litlle cakes and made a small layer cake and froze the rest. It's not pretty but everything tastes good!

Corn Bread
IMG_3929.JPG

Had some with dinner and then tomorrow I'll split pieces open, toast them and add loads of Butter & Honey to mine and just pure Maple Syrup to DH's... maybe a scrambled egg and some turkey sausage to go with...

Well my experiment worked out fine! I made mini cakes and some cupcakes.
View attachment 113462For the frosting, I took a Duncan Hines vanilla cream cheese frosting container and put it in a bowl with some orange marmalade and plain cream cheese and whipped it until it was light and fluffy. I used 2 litlle cakes and made a small layer cake and froze the rest. It's not pretty but everything tastes good!
Looks lovely! I started out like that too you know. It can help you learn what to look for.

Looks lovely! I started out like that too you know. It can help you learn what to look for.
I've never been much of a baker lol. I made this for my in-laws as they are coming to dinner tonight. It might be another year before I make a dessert, I sometimes just buy them!

Back
Top Bottom