What did you cook or eat today (May 2024)?

Pizza with mushrooms (under the cheese) and pepperoni and black olives on top.
I used fresh pizza dough from Aldi.
20240517_223337.jpg

Breakfast and lunch

20240518_081315.jpg

Cold soaked oats with home-made soy yoghurt and home grown raspberries.

20240518_115914.jpg

Sourdough, avocado, chutney and tofu.

The evening meal doesn't photo well at all at the moment, it's curried cauliflower soup which is a greenish brown. Green from the cauliflower and peas, plus the dill, brown from the curry powder. So I've not added a picture. It does however taste great.

Lunch at my usual international market lunch spot:

IMG_8336.jpeg
IMG_8337.jpeg

I was disappointed in that the young woman who usually waits on me and congratulates me on my fashion choices wasn’t working today, and I was particularly stylish in salmon-colored shorts, a fern-patterned shirt, grey canvas shoes, and a white woven Greek-style hat. 😤 😆

Yeah, my husband's stepfather has a daughter who isn't much of a cook and when we have family gatherings, she makes a Buffalo chicken dip using canned chicken. It's edible. Usually too salty for my tastes. I think it's just as easy (if you aren't traveling) to poach a chicken breast or two on the stove and remove the meat, then you can have a lot more control over the salt. I am sure in a sandwich with vegetables and whatnot it balances it out, but with the canned chicken, cream cheese, and Buffalo hot sauce, it's sodium + sodium + sodium, and then it gets dipped with salty tortilla chips! And she's a nurse and her dad has a heart condition...anyway.
We had a family get together and one of my sister in laws made tacos. 70/20 beef. Did not drain it. She is a tad on the crazy side so nobody said anything. Only a few tried it.

We had a family get together and one of my sister in laws made tacos. 70/20 beef. Did not drain it. She is a tad on the crazy side so nobody said anything. Only a few tried it.
Reminds me of my moms 1st crockpot experiment lol. She put raw beef, tomato sauce, a seasoning packet, noodles, and water in the crockpot before leaving for work. Told my brother and I that dinner would be ready at 5ish (she was working late). It was a congealed fat and pasta gluey mess. We dug a hole in the backyard and buried it Lol.

Back
Top Bottom