A three sock day

Wandering Bob

Über Member
Local time
8:21 PM
So you empty the washing machine into the laundry basket and you can only find three socks.

Do you:

shrug your shoulders, assume you only put three in, and carry on regardless

shake out the rest of the laundry in search of the missing sock, and in the process, drop half of it on the floor thus rendering it dirtier than it was before it was washed

panic because you imagine the fourth sock has somehow been swallowed by the washing machine

wonder what else is going to wrong today, and in particular, wonder why today of all days, the washing machine has chosen to be difficult

Is there a standard male/female response to this poser?

If anyone's wondering whether I really should go out and get a life, I will - just as soon as I've found that other sock..

Instead of shaking out the laundry to search for the sock, fold it and put it away as you go.

@buckytom - second time this week I've got tea over my keyboard, thanks to you.

I'm now going offline while I unplug my keyboard and hang it out of the window to drain

To be honest I never notice when emptying the washing machine.....it all just goes into the basket. Though I do spin the drum around to make sure there's none defying gravity clinging on to the inside of the drum.

If I'm pegging the washing onto the line then we're not likely to notice a missing sock because I peg socks as and when I pick them up from the basket. If hubby pegs it onto the line we're bound to notice because he always pegs the pairs of socks together (a little bit OCD?). Either way if there's a sock hiding inside something else it usually falls out at this point.......and gets picked up and hung up to dry with the rest....its a sock, you're not going to eat it so a tiny bit of dirt isn't going to do any harm. :okay:

Inevitably you notice the odd sock when its time to pair them up and put them away....at which point you find the errant sock hiding down behind the laundry basket (either it crawled out all on it's own, or the owner needs to work on their shooting skills). But as you put the last load of washing on several hours ago it just gets thrown firmly into the basket so won't escape next time.

I wrote something a while back on this very subject... suffice it to say (for the moment) that I have an odd sock basket with at least 20 odd socks in it.

Just accept that the sock fairies [these are related to the spanner fairies in the garage - the stone fairies on the lawn and the pen fairies on the desk, or in my case in the car] have taken it. You will get it back - eventually

I don't worry about it. Craig can only wear white cotton socks so we don't worry about pairing them.

To be honest I never notice when emptying the washing machine.....it all just goes into the basket. Though I do spin the drum around to make sure there's none defying gravity clinging on to the inside of the drum.

If I'm pegging the washing onto the line then we're not likely to notice a missing sock because I peg socks as and when I pick them up from the basket. If hubby pegs it onto the line we're bound to notice because he always pegs the pairs of socks together (a little bit OCD?). Either way if there's a sock hiding inside something else it usually falls out at this point.......and gets picked up and hung up to dry with the rest....its a sock, you're not going to eat it so a tiny bit of dirt isn't going to do any harm. :okay:

Inevitably you notice the odd sock when its time to pair them up and put them away....at which point you find the errant sock hiding down behind the laundry basket (either it crawled out all on it's own, or the owner needs to work on their shooting skills). But as you put the last load of washing on several hours ago it just gets thrown firmly into the basket so won't escape next time.

That is the same here, I don't notice until they are dry and ready to pair up, I don't hang them in pairs though.

I don't worry about it. Craig can only wear white cotton socks so we don't worry about pairing them.
<< This. Buy large batches of identical socks, then don't worry when one goes astray - the problem evens itself out over time. I wouldn't advise white though, obviously.

half had L on them and the other half had R on them, not sure what the difference is :scratchhead:

How far have you experimented?

I'd be interested to know if you've put on two 'L's and then tried to walk in a straight line - or whether, despite your best attempts, you found that you were constantly bending away on a gentle curve

How far have you experimented?

I'd be interested to know if you've put on two 'L's and then tried to walk in a straight line - or whether, despite your best attempts, you found that you were constantly bending away on a gentle curve

If you saw me dance you would think I had 2 left feet :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom