Aga app could let hackers turn off ovens

Turning them up as well, maybe. Possibly whilst there's no-one on the property.

Do people really need to be able to turn on their ovens via text message?
No. It's just a gimmick for those with nothing else to talk about. Cookers now have wonderful devices called TIMERS and THERMOSTATS which render such things simply technology for it's own sake - a tool looking for a use. Seems the modern way somehow.

Some crockpots have that same technology. Turn on or off remotely from a smart phone.

Some of these "apps" astonish me. A friend has the one where you can turn your heating up and down - I actually saw him walk from the kitchen PAST his boiler into the lounge to find his phone to turn the boiler down :facepalm:

Some of these "apps" astonish me. A friend has the one where you can turn your heating up and down - I actually saw him walk from the kitchen PAST his boiler into the lounge to find his phone to turn the boiler down :facepalm:
Not all systems will allow manual setting with the system in place. May have been the only way it could be done.

You want to be careful of what your kettle might be saying to your washer though.

Handy for turning your Aga on if you use it for your heating as well, but just imagine in the middle of winter if someone else turned it all off :(

I want an app that can allow me to turn on and off the lawn sprinklers. Lots of fun could be had with that.
How are they connected to the water supply?

Via a tap/faucet, there's a few for a couple of years now.

The sprinkler system I have installed doesn't have wifi, but they do sell a proprietary controller. Too expensive just to scare off neighbors' dogs, and worse, their kids...

The sprinkler system I have installed doesn't have wifi, but they do sell a proprietary controller. Too expensive just to scare off neighbors' dogs, and worse, their kids...
Single sprinkler with a PIR sensor, the main part covers where its connected to the water supply.

Back
Top Bottom