Recipe Alain Ducasse Apple Tarte Tatin with Crispy Pastry Shell

Francesca

Local time
9:38 PM
This recipe is from Multi Michelin Alain Ducasse, and Chef Fanny Herpin of Allard Restaurant in Paris.

Short Pastry:
  • Place 6 Grams of sugar in a bowl with 100 grams of bio ecological flour (no mention of exact type or brand) and 2 grams of salt.
  • Incorporate 50 grams of French butter (82% butterfat) in small pieces. Add 1 cl. wáter, then 1 egg and combine until you obtain a homogeneous paste.
  • Set aside in the fridge in a bowl. Pre heat oven to 180 Centig .. degrees.
Toffee Caramel:
  • In a Tarte Tatin baking pan, make a caramel. Pour 150 grams of sugar into the pan and add 3 cl. wáter. The sugar should not be wet, just slightly moist ..
  • Let it cook in the oven at 160 / 170 C Degrees until it becomes browned and then remove and cool.
Apples:
  • Wash and peel and de-core a variety of Apples of choice, acidic and sweet ( 1.5 kilos) and slice into large quarters.
Assembly:
  • Roll out the dough and then cover baking pan completely. Bake in the oven exactly 40 minutes and as the apples are melting, make sure the dough is crispy.
Serve warm with 180 grams of cream if you wish or a Calvados Apple brandy from Normandy

Last edited:
Very straightforward... I reformatted the recipe to make it easier to read. One line does not make sense:

The sugar should only be humified.

'Humified' means dead plant material converted into soil!

Also you mention oven temperature 'Th 6' - which makes no sense in English

Last edited:
@morning glory

I corrected .. I had not had a chance to re-read after I posted. I am in Madrid until Monday and had wanted to post this yesterday but it was very late when I found it in my many Ducasse Cookbooks and had to translate it into English ..

Very straight forward recipe. He also prepares one with pears and one with pineapple ..

Humid or to be humid also means damp or wet which is what I meant .. I re - worded ..

@morning glory

I corrected .. I had not had a chance to re-read after I posted. I am in Madrid until Monday and had wanted to post this yesterday but it was very late when I found it in my many Ducasse Cookbooks and had to translate it into English ..

Very straight forward recipe. He also prepares one with pears and one with pineapple ..

Humid or to be humid also means damp or wet which is what I meant .. I re - worded ..

Small point - I know your Engilish is very good but we would never describe sugar as 'humid in texture'. Humid refers to the air, (the atmosphere) not solid substances. Humidity is not a texture.

Back
Top Bottom