Aloha from ...

… Well, I wish it was from my hometown of Kaneohe Oahu Hawaii, but DH and I retired for public service and moved to Arizona. The paycheck that we get at the beginning of each month goes a heck of a lot farther here.
So, my user name, Kaneohegirlinaz, that says a lot about me.
I’m from Kaneohe
I’m a girl
And I now live in Arizona… get the pun? :)
But please, don’t call me Kane, that means MAN in my language … I’m a Wahine (that'a Hawaiian for Gal), HA!
My friends call me K~girl.
I’ve cooked for as long as I could reach the stove (as my Mother would say) and have always had that enjoyment, I won’t say passion; I like to make people happy through food. Sometimes, it’s a memory that the dish induces through the smell, the taste, or how it looks on the plate.
For me, I just have to have a hot lunch, that’s how I grew up. In school, we NEVER had a hamburger or Pizza or Chicken Nuggets (those weren’t invented yet).
My husband and I spend our time discovering America, we love car trips. Having lived our lives on Oahu, the “Mainland” is a BLAST!
I hope to meet as many liked minded “Home Experts” here as I can.
Hi,

Welcome to CookingBites :Welcome:

So to continue your tour around the globe 🌍 , I'm originally from Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿, lived in England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 with Welsh 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 & Italian 🇮🇹 ancestry and upped and left for a new life in Australia 🇦🇺 a little over 5 years ago.

You have to get used to a very common language here... British. It's like American, but with a bunch of different words. :laugh:

Just to confuse, I tend to add in a lot of Scots words and foods (tatty scones, square sausage and dumpling (fried suet fruitcake) was a favourite childhood meal) and now I mix in Australian with that... (so avo, sano, veggies, chooks, beanette (no idea... they look like string beans to me) and so on... So I'm British but with Australian thrown in and if you thought British English hard to keep up with Australian English is even harder mostly guesswork. lol.

SNSSO

...not to mention the pronunciation:D:D:D
So welcome, kaneohegirlinaz! We´ve "met" before!
Yes, why yes we have met before, haven't we ... nice to see you karadekoolaid and thanks for that.
I can see already that I have 'friends' to guide through this new maze, I'm excited :woot:

Hi,

Welcome to CookingBites :Welcome:

So to continue your tour around the globe 🌍 , I'm originally from Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿, lived in England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 with Welsh 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 & Italian 🇮🇹 ancestry and upped and left for a new life in Australia 🇦🇺 a little over 5 years ago.

Just to confuse, I tend to add in a lot of Scots words and foods (tatty scones, square sausage and dumpling (fried suet fruitcake) was a favourite childhood meal) and now I mix in Australian with that... (so avo, sano, veggies, chooks, beanette (no idea... they look like string beans to me) and so on... So I'm British but with Australian thrown in and if you thought British English hard to keep up with Australian English is even harder mostly guesswork. lol.

SNSSO
In Hawaii, we are a peoples of many different ancestries.
I am:
English
Scottish
Irish
French
Swedish
Native American
Hawaiian
Danish
Portuguese
... not necessarily in that order though :happy:

In Hawaii, we are a peoples of many different ancestries.
I am:
English
Scottish
Irish
French
Swedish
Native American
Hawaiian
Danish
Portuguese
... not necessarily in that order though :happy:

I believe off Kauai, the Hawaiians try to maintain their pure blood lineage and preserved language on the 'forbidden island' Ni'ihau. Some folks mistake Kauai for that forbidden island, but Kauai is very mixed population.

I believe off Kauai, the Hawaiians try to maintain their pure blood lineage and preserved language on the 'forbidden island' Ni'ihau. Some folks mistake Kauai for that forbidden island, but Kauai is very mixed population.
I went to school (a school only for children of Hawaiian descent, funded by the World's wealthiest Trust/Estate btw) with some of the kids from Ni'ihau (heh! pretty good punctuation there!)
Yes they are all 100% Hawaiian blood and yes, it is off Kaua'i.

I am now intrigued and want to know more about this Old World that you all escaped from.

Also, hello! For the first time probably.
There's only a hand full of "food forums" out there in the WWW, I too am familiar with some of the folks here at CB.

Back
Top Bottom