Any good recipes for whiskey on roasted vegetables?

Discussion in 'Vegetables, Salads and Mushrooms' started by Cpt.Kid, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Cpt.Kid

Cpt.Kid New Member

I looked around online for some recipes with Crown Royal but found nothing but BBQ sauces. What about something for roasted brussles with potatoes?

2. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

I'm a fan of using alcohol in vegetable cooking - so often its reserved for meat dishes only. But I can't say I've got any thoughts right now about whiskey with potatoes and sprouts. Give me time and I will probably think of something.

Have you got lots of Crown Royal to use up, perhaps? :happy:

3. rascal

rascal Senior Member

I use bourbon on my ham baste, it's pretty good.

Russ

4. CraigC

CraigC Senior Member

Not roasted veges, but I make either glazed carrots or sweet potatoes with dark rum.

5. Herbie

Herbie Senior Member

It's used in some traditional portuguese piripiri sauce/marinade. My husbands aunt makes it.

morning glory likes this.
  6. epicuric

epicuric Über Member Staff Member

A splash of whiskey over roast potatoes near the end of the cooking process would probably work, but I can't begin to imagine what they would taste like. Jamie Oliver does something similar, but uses vinegar instead.

rascal likes this.
  7. epicuric

epicuric Über Member Staff Member

As Burns Night approaches it's a good excuse to knock up a nice whiskey sauce to go with the tatties, neaps and haggis.

rascal likes this.