Any ideas for savory pies?

joycemcgregor

Veteran
Local time
4:01 PM
I love savory pies for dinner. I make one called French Meat Pie that is done with a mixture of ground beef and pork that my family really likes. I like the Bisquck Impossible Pies also. There are so many different kinds to try. And of course beef or chicken pot pie or shepard's pie are always winners with my bunch. Does anyone have any different savory pies they have found tasty?

I LOVE a good Shepherd's pie. Yummy! There's a reason why it's such a classic I guess

My favourite is cottage pie. It's exactly the same as shepherd's pie, just made with minced beef. Other than that, meat and potato is always a winner, as is chicken and ham.

I make a yummy pie called a French Meat Pie. Here is the recipe:

1lb ground beef
1lb ground pork
1 large sliced onion

Brown all in a skillet and drain grease.

Mix in 2 cups mashed potatoes (leftover, fresh or instant)
Mix in 2 tsp ground allspice.

Pour into a pie shell (homemade or store bought) and cover with a pie crust.

Bake at 350 until pie crust is brown.

My family loves this pie and the allspice gives it a unique flavor. It is really good. We like it hot and even eat the leftovers cold.

I love kidney pies because it's a little different from the norm plus the reddish color looks great aesthetically. A good sheperd's pie is great any day of the week as well just watch your serving portions though!

We have French meat pie @joycemcgregor but here we call it Tourtière. The recipe you have is pretty much the same as what we make. I've never made it myself though but I do think allspice or something similar is used. We usually have tourtière around the holidays. My mother and grandmothers make a lot of them and freeze them so it's easy to just take out and eat when you don't feel like slaving in the kitchen anymore. Plus it's a good alternative to all that turkey you end up eating at Christmas and you couldn't look at another turkey or you'll be sick.

Back
Top Bottom