Anybody waiting, too patiently, for the delivery person?

black6host

Local time
8:01 PM
Hi All!

As I said in my intro post I have a very small kitchen that I've been outfitting lately. Currently I'm waiting for a rolling kitchen cart, with cutting board top, to arrive. It was supposed to be here yesterday but I think they sent it to a town with the same name as mine but in a neighboring state. Supposedly it's supposed to be here any minute! I need it!

Back to the title of this post: I also play guitar and have waited frequently for new things to come in. It's a known phenomenon that is best described as a "where the heck is my stuff?!" feeling. Now I have to wait for kitchen stuff, too :)

Who else suffers so?

My wife buys on line a lot, and I mean a lot, stuff turns up here all the time. She loses the odd parcel,as well.
Me, I like to go to a shop and buy and get it straight away.

Russ

Hi All!

As I said in my intro post I have a very small kitchen that I've been outfitting lately. Currently I'm waiting for a rolling kitchen cart, with cutting board top, to arrive. It was supposed to be here yesterday but I think they sent it to a town with the same name as mine but in a neighboring state. Supposedly it's supposed to be here any minute! I need it!

Back to the title of this post: I also play guitar and have waited frequently for new things to come in. It's a known phenomenon that is best described as a "where the heck is my stuff?!" feeling. Now I have to wait for kitchen stuff, too :)

Who else suffers so?

:welcome:

That's CookingBites magic! Glad you are pleased with your new kitchen cart. My kitchen isn't even big enough to put a cart in. I really need more counter space.

I saw the pic of your kitchen in another thread. I think "Pics of your kitchen" :) You've got a bit more counter space than I do, and maybe cabinet space. My kitchen shares space with the entry way so I have a bit of room to move the cart into that space when cooking. Otherwise it's tucked between the refrigerator and my utensil drawers. It's easily moved, very roomy and extremely well built. I was surprised... May all who dream of large kitchens one day have one, in the meantime we'll just carry on and make do!!!

The kitchen cart was a great addition for us. Like having an island. Additional storage space and I use it for prep work. The BGE, Horizon off-set and Weber are also extensions of our kitchen out side.

The kitchen cart was a great addition for us. Like having an island. Additional storage space and I use it for prep work. The BGE, Horizon off-set and Weber are also extensions of our kitchen out side.

My weber will be as well. As soon as it warms up a bit and the snow melts off of it :)

In our neighborhood a good chance your delivery will be delivered to the wrong address.
Then, the delivery people hide it because of Porch Poachers that'll steal it.

Then the people who live at the wrong delivery address don't discover it for a week. They enter their house through the garage and the delivery is hidden in the bushes near the front door.
But by then you've received the confirmation e mail that it was delivered and you've filed a theft report.

I only tend to use one company for on-line purchases - Lazada (which I think was started in Philippines). Up to now we've had minimal problems with delivery (and we've bought a lot of stuff). They email you first with the expected delivery date and then the day before, another email with the actual date. The courier usually rings to tell us that he's/she's on the way but normally the purchases arrive between 10 and midday.

We have a very obscure system of house numbering here. When you build a house and install the roof, you apply to the village Pooyai Baan (chief) to obtain a number. He opens his big black book and you get the next sequential number. I have number 263 but I haven't a clue where 262 and 264 are. They could be at opposite ends of the village for all I know.

We have a very obscure system of house numbering here. When you build a house and install the roof, you apply to the village Pooyai Baan (chief) to obtain a number. He opens his big black book and you get the next sequential number. I have number 263 but I haven't a clue where 262 and 264 are. They could be at opposite ends of the village for all I know.

How on earth does any post get to the right house? Is there an on-line system or something?

How on earth does any post get to the right house? Is there an on-line system or something?

jerry.gif

On line!

I have my house number and my name (in Thai script) on the gate post but there are not many like me. If the postman or courier has trouble finding the recipient, I guess they ask the Pooyai Baan or just ask at a local shop/restaurant.

Welcome. Yes. I do a lot of online-shopping. Seems like I'm always tracking something or other. No more kitchen room though. I could use a new fedora.lol. Enjoy your new cart…

In our neighborhood a good chance your delivery will be delivered to the wrong address.
Then, the delivery people hide it because of Porch Poachers that'll steal it.

Then the people who live at the wrong delivery address don't discover it for a week. They enter their house through the garage and the delivery is hidden in the bushes near the front door.
But by then you've received the confirmation e mail that it was delivered and you've filed a theft report.

Exactly! Same here. Pkgs are usually stuffed in the mailbox, rather than brought to the front door. Sooooo, the mailbox is now warped. Not happy about that. Oh well. What can you do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom