Ashitaba tea

nutmegprincess

Veteran
Local time
8:06 PM
It all started with an article my mom read online about the benefits of the Ashitaba plant. Rumor has it that some prisoners in Japan survive despite not being fed every day because this plant grows around the prison. The prisoners eat the leaves every day.

Anyway, regardless of this urban legend, I can say that the Ashitaba plant has many health benefits. My mom and I eat three fresh leaves every morning, and we noticed changes in our health. For instance, my mom's blood pressure is no longer that high. My skin glows as well.

Sometimes, I add ashitaba to soup - fairly much like how I use moringa leaves.

I also make Ashitaba tea. I just dry the leaves then make tea. It's a very healthy drink.

Has anyone heard of this plant?

I have never heard of this plant, where do you get your leaves to make tea and add to your soup? It does sound very benefical. I try to use a many natural remedies as possible to avoid the chemicals we find in so many of our products.

I have never heard of the Ashitaba plant, but it sounds like something I would love to try. I don't know if I would find this plant in my part of the world. Maybe some day I may come across it. Thanks for sharing this information. These natural remedies are always good to try.

I'm going to have to have a further look at this plant , I have Angelica and japonica in my garden both in the ashitaba family ,

My mom has a garden full of the ashitaba plant. It started with one potted ashitaba from my uncle who is a herbologist. Anyway, for reference, here's an ashitaba plant. It's a picture I found on the Internet though, not a picture taken from our garden. :)

ashitaba2.jpg

I, too, had never heard of this plant. It sounds like something I'd want in my garden, or at least in my home, so I'm going to look into it, as well, thanks for posting about it:coffee::okay::happy:.

My husband's friend gave us a pot of ashitaba plant. We don't what it is for but my husband just planted it in the front yard. Now it has many branches and good looking leaves but we don't know how to use it. My husband is hesitant because what if it is poisonous? But now that it can be likened to moringa leaves, I would probably make an experiment on the leaves... if it is palatable to us.

Back
Top Bottom