Autumn Equinox

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
12:10 PM
Its Autumn equinox in the Northern hemisphere today and officially the start of Autumn. In the Southern hemisphere it is Spring equinox (wish I was there). It means that day and night are more or less equal. In the UK Druids meet at Stoneghenge to celebrate. They are also known to meet on Primrose Hill in London.

druids-on-primrose_3449869b.jpg

Its Autumn equinox in the Northern hemisphere today and officially the start of Autumn. In the Southern hemisphere it is Spring equinox (wish I was there). It means that day and night are more or less equal. In the UK Druids meet at Stoneghenge to celebrate. They are also known to meet on Primrose Hill in London.

View attachment 1565
Where are you?

12 hours, 9 minutes & 54 seconds today. Closer on Saturday at 11 hours, 58 minutes & 13 seconds

This is poetic @classic33 . Sun in Chatham! And such terms as Astro Twilight, Naut. Twilight and Civil Twilight. And there is a Solar Noon! I absolutely love it and will have to write a poem now... its better than the Shipping Forecast.

This is poetic @classic33 . Sun in Chatham! And such terms as Astro Twilight, Naut. Twilight and Civil Twilight. And there is a Solar Noon! I absolutely love it and will have to write a poem now... its better than the Shipping Forecast.
You can keep an eye on it using the link in the edited post

I like the heat ,the hedges are getting trimmed not good for punctures ,I don't get my layers correct ,cold in the morning hot in the afternoon ,nights drawing in,
that's exactly what I like about it! The hedges here were done over a month ago, back in August so I associate hedge cutting with summer not autumn!
I also love the harvests, the leaf colours, the light, the mists, the.... you get the idea.:)

I dislike this time of year ,it's all down hill from now!

Me too. I hate to see this time of year come because we all know what follows. I don't like the cold weather and the snow. I don't do winters well. I am already not liking the cool mornings and evenings. I miss summer already. :(

that's exactly what I like about it! The hedges here were done over a month ago, back in August so I associate hedge cutting with summer not autumn!
I also love the harvests, the leaf colours, the light, the mists, the.... you get the idea.:)
All the arable farmers are at it hard around here in side the field now and out ,hedges should be late due to nesting birds ,not all birds only have one batch of young my black birds have had 3 nest so 3 lots of young,I do like the foraging ,apples,sloes ,mushrooms have started ,nuts ,rose hips ,I'm just struggling to find time ,
I hate the shops at the moment Christmas commodities out for the last month,

Back
Top Bottom