• Temporary Web Address You may have noticed that the our usual web address has been changed to a new one. This is a temporary part of the site migration and nothing to worry about. If in doubt, just PM me.

Recipe Baked Potato Mash

The Velvet Curtain

Forum GOD!
Local time
3:29 PM
Leicester: Where Britain keeps its crisps
Good for left over spuds when you have the oven on for something else, this gives a much richer flavour than normal mash.

1. Bake the potatoes until soft.
2. Allow to cool slightly and then scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
3. Place the skins in a small pan with some milk and bring to a simmer, then allow to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Season the potato flesh and add the milk and some butter to make mash in the normal way.
5. Cool and freeze, to be thawed and microwaved when required.

I tried this a couple of days ago. These days, I always cook at least two things in the oven, rather than putting it on for just one thing, and Tony didn't fancy jacket potatoes that night. I also stuck a sweet potato in, along with two ordinary spuds, and it made a lovely combination. Much richer that normal mash, as you say, and far superior to Arch's favourite - Smash. :roflmao:

I tried this a couple of days ago. These days, I always cook at least two things in the oven, rather than putting it on for just one thing, and Tony didn't fancy jacket potatoes that night. I also stuck a sweet potato in, along with two ordinary spuds, and it made a lovely combination. Much richer that normal mash, as you say, and far superior to Arch's favourite - Smash. :roflmao:

have you ever tried baked sweet pototoes by themselves - served as though usual jacket potatoes? delicicous. cook them good and hot until they are sticky... yummy.

have you ever tried baked sweet pototoes by themselves - served as though usual jacket potatoes? delicicous. cook them good and hot until they are sticky... yummy.
Yes, I have. As you say, absolutely yummy. I have to eat an anti-inflammatory diet, as I can't tolerate anti-inflammatory medication, and sweet potatoes are top of the list, so I have them at least 3 times a week in one incarnation or another. I love them baked and filled with tuna, sweetcorn and home made coleslaw. Wonderful!

Back
Top Bottom