Baklava

SlightlyConfused

Local time
9:18 PM
Well yesterday I made a baklava it was a dish I always thought would be to hard for me to tackle. I will say this though I am never making filo dough as long as I live again. I think I will be traumatized for life from the experience yesterday. This is it, my family just loved it even though I will never recover from the experience. The dough was not as thin as it should have been but I was lucky I could get it as thin as I did.

baklava.jpg

Wow! You made your own filo? That is truly dedication. I understand why you say you won't be making it again. Its one of those doughs that is very difficult to make unless you are practised, I think. I've never tried it myself although I think a few members here may have done. The ready made filo is a pretty good product, after all.

Your baklava look very good indeed. :okay:

Wow! You made your own filo? That is truly dedication. I understand why you say you won't be making it again. Its one of those doughs that is very difficult to make unless you are practised, I think. I've never tried it myself although I think a few members here may have done. The ready made filo is a pretty good product, after all.

Your baklava look very good indeed. :okay:

Next time I am listening to everyone else and just buying it.

Looks good, tastes good, but I can't eat it! It'll run the glucose level up way too high!! :(

You are insane for making your own phyllo. Kudos.

And the resultant dish looks great. What nut(s) did you use?

I have had so many types: walnut, pistachio, almond, and even pecan. Some with rosewater, but almost all with honey.

You are insane for making your own phyllo. Kudos.

And the resultant dish looks great. What nut(s) did you use?

I have had so many types: walnut, pistachio, almond, and even pecan. Some with rosewater, but almost all with honey.

I used the first three you mentioned walnut, pistachio and almonds. It required a pound of nuts so I bought as close to a third of a pound of each so it ended up being just over a pound in total.

Back
Top Bottom