BBC Experimental Food Site

I had a look. It is quite interesting and I could see myself using it sometimes.I like the way it has options depending on your level.

I had a look. It is quite interesting and I could see myself using it sometimes.I like the way it has options depending on your level.
Did you rate it? You eventually get to some links on other experimental topics. (I went on to the sleep one, and it says I have Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder. That's the second time I've been told that - the first time was by one of the hospital consultants I used to work for.)

Did you rate it? You eventually get to some links on other experimental topics. (I went on to the sleep one, and it says I have Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder. That's the second time I've been told that - the first time was by one of the hospital consultants I used to work for.)
I will have to take another look. Did you mean rate it on their site? Regarding your sleep disorder I can sympathise because my husband has this as a tendency. Over the years he has learned techniques to sleep earlier as has to be done if you work a 9 to 5 job. I think when he retires in two years time it will be interesting to see what happens.

I will have to take another look. Did you mean rate it on their site? Regarding your sleep disorder I can sympathise because my husband has this as a tendency. Over the years he has learned techniques to sleep earlier as has to be done if you work a 9 to 5 job. I think when he retires in two years time it will be interesting to see what happens.
If you click on the link, you will see where to rate it top right of the page.

I was given all sorts of tips to regularise my sleeping. None of them ever worked. At my last job before I retired, I was advised not to have anything to eat or anything containing caffeine after 6 p.m. - I didn't finish work until 5.30 - did they want me to die of starvation and dehydration. I was sent for all sorts of tests for sleep apnoea etc but they could not refer me to the main research establishment because my sleep pattern did not fit in with their criteria. Another well-meaning manager at work told me to force myself to sleep 8 hours - how can you do that? I could also go a couple of days without any sleep on some occasions, and on others I could sleep through a whole day and night and not realise it. Now I am retired, I go to bed when I feel tired, and I wake up when I wake up (or when the dog jumps all over me because he wants food or wants to go out!). I find I am more of a night owl now and can stay up all night quite happily and can sleep better early in the morning, so that's what I do. My Dad was like that - he used to do permanent night work because he couldn't sleep at night. I must take after him. It plays havoc with any appointments though, or if I want to go to my daughter's :laugh:

I find I am more of a night owl now and can stay up all night quite happily and can sleep better early in the morning, so that's what I do.

I'm the same. I like to sleep in until at least 11 am preferably and often don't get up until later. And I can easily stay up until 4 am. I have to force myself to go to bed! But - I am on a 'sort of' regime which is designed to fit in with others. I go to bed at 2 am or a bit later. I get up at 10 to 11 am. So I do sleep for 8 hours and I need that much sleep or more. But are you saying you don't need 8 hours?

I looked at this site and watched the red mullet recipe. It was tagged as 'advanced' but to my mind was beginners level! I mean, come on - the fishmonger has de-gutted and scaled (a mistake to have discarded the liver - which is a prized part of red mullet!). All you have to do is stuff herbs etc. into the cavity, wrap it in baking parchment and bake it. A child could do it. I also found the pace very slow...

Back
Top Bottom