Recipe Beef and Guinness® Skillet Pie

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
1:46 PM
Beef and Guinness® Skillet Pie.jpg
“A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.”
James Joyce, Ulysses

Ingredients

1 tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
4 oz. small shiitake mushrooms
kosher salt
Pepper
2 tbsp. tomato paste
½ c. frozen pearl onions
1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
8 oz. Guinness®
2 c. frozen butternut squash pieces
1 c. frozen peas
1 refrigerated rolled pie crust
1 large egg

Directions
  • Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Heat the oil in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the beef, mushrooms and 3/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, and cook, breaking up the beef with a spoon, until browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Spoon off and discard any fat.
  • Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in the onions and thyme, then sprinkle with the flour and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
  • Add the Guinness® and simmer until the liquid has thickened, about 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup water and bring to a simmer. Add the squash and peas, return to a simmer, then remove from heat. (This whole step takes only 2 to 3 minutes total.) Mixing yer drinks here
  • Unroll the pastry on a cutting board, brush with the egg, then cut a cross in the center. Lay the dough on top of the beef mixture (egg-side up), gently pressing the edges around the inside of the skillet. Bake until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.

Top Tip
A store-bought crust makes this one-pan beef pie even easier, and the hearty filling is sure to make for a family favorite.

http://www.womansday.com/food-recip...a12904/beef-stout-skillet-pie-recipe-wdy0914/

Oh wow this sounds devine and it looks wonderful. I am drooling just looking at it and reading about it. I have never made a skillet pie before but I just may have to give this one a try.

Look what I come back to? Good old Guinness with ground beef not surprisingly. I am convinced Guinness can go with just about anything. I like the recipe and it seems simple enough. After my brief absence it's time for me to get my entry in.

Back
Top Bottom