'Best' china

LissaC

Legendary Member
Local time
5:44 PM
[Mod.edit: this post and following few moved to form a new topic (MG)]

I've decided to update my China collection, since I barely own any cute China at all. Here are my latest purchases:
1692432809306.png

1692432824251.png

1692432836916.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Our colleagues think we are weird because we have everyday and special occasions. There is just something about using your nice stuff rather than your everyday.

That's how it was with my family when I was young. My ex-wife and I also had a full set of china, crystal and silverware -- that we used once??? Nobody wants that, anymore. 🤷‍♂️

CD

We haven't used the china I inherited from my mother in years, other than for the odd dish here and there for a presentation picture. I used to pack the whole service for 8, 3 sizes of plates and bowls each, plus serving pieces, a few extra plates, and a coffee service, as well as some crystal dessert plates, up every time a hurricane headed our way. That hasn't happened in the last few years. DD and DGDs aren't really interested in it, so I guess it will end up in a yard/estate sale one day assuming we don't get hurricaned.

We haven't used the china I inherited from my mother in years, other than for the odd dish here and there for a presentation picture. I used to pack the whole service for 8, 3 sizes of plates and bowls each, plus serving pieces, a few extra plates, and a coffee service, as well as some crystal dessert plates, up every time a hurricane headed our way. That hasn't happened in the last few years. DD and DGDs aren't really interested in it, so I guess it will end up in a yard/estate sale one day assuming we don't get hurricaned.

When my parents moved out of their big house, and into a seniors apartment, we had an estate sale company sell off a lot of stuff, and they wouldn't take the China or crystal. My sister already has her own set, and I didn't want it. It ended up at Goodwill.

CD

When my parents moved out of their big house, and into a seniors apartment, we had an estate sale company sell off a lot of stuff, and they wouldn't take the China or crystal. My sister already has her own set, and I didn't want it. It ended up at Goodwill.

CD
That's why I wrote yard/estate sale.

I'd love to give it to someone who wants it and would appreciate it. If shipping wouldn't cost a fortune, you'd have a full set if you liked the pattern!
That is very kind of you! 🥰 I know international shipping is expensive and between the US and Portugal's postal services there's some kind of extra procedures that have to do with customs...but I really appreciate the thought. And I hope you find someone who will like and take good care of your China!

My maternal grandmother had a set of Fina China too, which was split between both my mom and my aunt when my grandma died. My mom ruined her half of the set by placing it in the dishwasher 😔

My maternal grandmother had a set of Fina China too, which was split between both my mom and my aunt when my grandma died. My mom ruined her half of the set by placing it in the dishwasher 😔

Mum had a china cabinet with my wifes name on stuff. She wanted my wife to have 2 generations of her china. My mum had high expectations for my wife. My mum was an only child so she inherited the lot.
We only have 1 daughter so she will inherit it

Russ

Back
Top Bottom