Beverage Glasses

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
3:06 AM
It's a very odd thing, but I have wine glasses, dessert cup glasses, thermoses and steins. But I don't have a single beverage glass.

I am looking for something at least 15 to 16 oz. and durable, usable not just for iced drinks and simple refrigerated drinks, but hot drinks as well.

Can anyone recommend a brand?

You say "glasses" in the subject, so I'm assuming you're just looking for glass ones that are heatproof (that's not as dumb as it sounds, as around here, a glass can be a generic term for something you drink from, regardless of what it's made from).

Doing a quick googling, it seems as soon as I specify "hot," it wants to go right to either glass mugs, or ceramic mugs, or metal thermos-style travel mugs.

Maybe Reidel, though they're mainly wine glasses. Rastal makes a lot of heavy-duty glassware, I'll check that in a bit.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean. Any glass for drinking from is technically a beverage glass. Do you mean this type of thing?

I'm not sure what you mean. Any glass for drinking from is technically a beverage glass. Do you mean this type of thing?

View attachment 68019

Those look like bathroom toothpaste glasses. :roflmao:

No, I was thinking that with pyrex glass, certain classier looking tall clear beverages glasses might exist that would cover the whole temperature range. They would be nice as they are see-through and sort of normal for beverage glasses without stems or molded squarish looking features.

I may have to settle for some crystal glasses that are less heat resistant, if nothing in pyrex exists. I suspect after some initial digging around that that will be the case. So I dug some more.

Pyrex actually makes beverage glasses, but they all have etchings or painted on designs. Anchor-Hocking also has beverage glasses, but they are probably not heat resistant where much of AH's stuff is.

There are such glasses. They are called double walled.

Double Walled Clear Glasses

I went ahead and bought 2 16 Oz. double wall beverage glasses and 2 14 Oz. Beer (Schooner) glasses from Zwilling (J.A. Henckels). These are the Sorrento style.

full.jpg

For the temperature range that these glasses will tolerate, they are very light and fragile. Instructions advise not to use metal silverware, but wooden or plastic, - and not to temperature shock the glass from one temperature to another at extremes. Both actions will break the glass.

I plan to put these to use soon.

Today we went to the restaurant/pub for the first time in three weeks.

Eating in the establishment is permitted but drinking alcohol is a no-no.

Therefore my beer was served in this.

And as usual the subsequent food was char siu noodles from the only local stall that we have left.

I've had stemmed wine glasses and dessert glasses for some time. What I didn't have is the no stem clear glass beverage glasses. And since I was going to get some, I wanted them to suite both hot and cold beverages, hence the search which ended by finding the double walled glasses and buying some.

full.jpg

I have now tested them with both a hot coffee drink and an ice coffee drink. They worked fine.

full.jpg

Hot coffee with kahlua and white chocolate mocha creamer

full.jpg

Iced honey cream coffee

After I got my double walled beverage glasses and started making iced drinks, I found myself forever forgetting to get drinking straws. I finally remembered.

full.jpg

This iced lemonade using the flexible plastic straws.

full.jpg

Back
Top Bottom