Binge worthy films or series (Netflix, TV, etc)

If you get a chance, try Banshee on Cinemax. It is the only series I can remember that ALL four main characters are "bad" people. It is fun to watch the four characters compete to be more evil than the others. Characters include a convicted felon just out of prison, a retired assassin, the rich guy who owns everything in town and a Russian Mob boss.

I have to take rests frequently which means I knit or spin a lot whilst watching TV resting.
The result is that I get through quite a lot of Netflix. I've only got very limited TV reception .

What films or series would you recommend? I've watched plenty but I don't want to influence recommendations by saying what, though I'm not that keen on situation comedy, comedy, things like home and away or neighbours or eastenders etc. I'm more into SciFi, action, war, crime/detective etc.
Given your location try Sea Patrol. Some of the action scenes are a bit unrealistic, but it's still very enjoyable.

Frankie and Grace - I REALLY liked this. It's comedy and drama/angst.

Lucifer - Netflix picked this up from network programming and made another season as well.

The Magicians

Blacklist - I watched this for a while on regular network programming and liked it, but then lost track. I should revisit now that it's on Netflix.

Designated Survivor - ditto Lucifer except they are still in production.

True Blood if you like vampires, I think Netflix has a season or 2 on now.

Last edited:
Highly recommend Kath n Kim. Look at moi. Lol. The dancing scene is pure gold!!!!
Another is the series Barry. I like blood n gore in movies.
As I mentioned peaky blinders is awesome as well. I'm still catching up on it.

Russ

Kath n Kim is brilliant. The actor who plays the part of Kel has his own show Russell Coight All Aussie Adventure, very funny :laugh:

I binge-watched Luther - right up my street. :D Have got Lucifer on my wish list. Have started watching some longer series but got bored after a while; can't even remember the names of most of them, but one was Outlander. For a bit of light entertainment, it's either Poirot, Shetland, or Midsomer Murders, but I think I might have seen all of them by now. I watch a mix of films and series on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Rakuten TV.

There a new series on Shetland recently come out. New murder(s) based around Bergen (Norway). I've just caught up again.

You may like one called Paranoid as well. Similar to Shetland but small team based around Cuddington, Cheshire. (I used to live there so recognised most of the areas including the end of the lane i used to live even further down).

I'm now watching Grimm. Its another ones similar to Lucifer and also 6 series. Gets better in the 2nd series. Can't tell you any further because I'm only on the 2nd series.

There a new series on Shetland recently come out. New murder(s) based around Bergen (Norway). I've just caught up again.

You may like one called Paranoid as well. Similar to Shetland but small team based around Cuddington, Cheshire. (I used to live there so recognised most of the areas including the end of the lane i used to live even further down).

I'm now watching Grimm. Its another ones similar to Lucifer and also 6 series. Gets better in the 2nd series. Can't tell you any further because I'm only on the 2nd series.

I've seen the latest series of Shetland and watched Paranoid when that first came out; I may watch it again though. I wasn't very keen on Grimm after the first couple of series but got a bit further through Dexter. I found both of these a bit boring after a while, rather samey. I have recorded Wild Bill (first episode was on tonight) and will watch it later. I's about a US cop who is transferred to Boston in Lincolnshire to shake up the [fictional] East Lincs Constabulary. I've never been to Boston itself but hope there may be a few places on there that I do know.
I have also watched some of Spooks over the years and quite enjoyed that. It's on a non-BBC channel now, so it comes with adverts, but I might binge watch that.

Season 3 of Designated Survivor has been released on Netflix, along with seasons 1 and 2.

Back
Top Bottom