Blood in meat

sunny

Veteran
Local time
7:09 PM
Why do some hamburger meat take so long to get the blood out? What is a good way to get it to cook out much faster?

Well handled meat should contain very little blood,if it is hung ,moisture is reduced ,this is bad for weight of meat for producers,it then frys or grills and does not boil in its excess moisture ,if burgers or steaks are wet char grill them or bbq them ,and season at the end

Thanks that helps a lot! I learned something new today.

When we buy meat from the market, we use a plastic basin for washing such. We rinse with water twice and sometimes we have to soak the meat in water for 3 to 5 minutes to get the blood out. Drain for another 5 to 10 minutes before cooking the meat so you are sure there's no more blood left. However, I cannot say the same for ground beef because it is already ground. Maybe what you can do is to drain the ground beef before making it into hamburgers.

Well handled meat should contain very little blood,if it is hung ,moisture is reduced ,this is bad for weight of meat for producers,it then frys or grills and does not boil in its excess moisture ,if burgers or steaks are wet char grill them or bbq them ,and season at the end

Thank you Berties for your insight. I didn't know that either. Thanks for the cooking tip too.

Thanks for sharing this interesting post and as well for the cooking tips also. Actually this is I always hate if there is still a blood in the meat. Anyway I had learned something new today and again :thankyou:

I certainly wasn't aware of this, although 'myoglobin' makes me queasy, too, since my head equates it with hemoglobin and blood. That looks like a very interesting site, I'm going to save the link so I can peruse it when I get some time. I love that there is so much talent and knowledge on this site. Not only is it fun to visit, but it's also educational.

Cook it to your tastes that's it. For steaks and beef viands in general you have to cook it longer on the pan, stove or grill--- but overdone is not something everyone likes. Still having problems? Boil your shank, add butter-- add liquid the moisture will cook your meat faster and make it extra juicy.

Back
Top Bottom