Bought a new Keurig Classic Coffee Maker!!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
3:06 PM
The one that I bought just 4 months ago had crapped out!! It wouldn't pump the hot water into the k-cup holder & into the mug!! So I ordered the one pictured below. I should've known not to get that one!! It was cheap, but I thought that didn't matter. Now, I'm not so sure!! You only get what you pay for!!!! I hope that this machine lasts much longer!!!! :whistling:
Keurig K-Classic Coffees Maker..jpg

Last edited:
Was your earlier one an off-brand?

Both our Keurig’s died eventually. The first one we had was used (from in-laws), it didn’t last long at all, but they’d had it quite a few years, I think.

The second lasted maybe five or six years before it died. Now I just stick to the electric kettle and a French press.

Was your earlier one an off-brand?

Both our Keurig’s died eventually. The first one we had was used (from in-laws), it didn’t last long at all, but they’d had it quite a few years, I think.

The second lasted maybe five or six years before it died. Now I just stick to the electric kettle and a French press.

No. It was a Keurig. I just can't believe that it crapped out so soon!!! Thought that it would last for quite a while. :eek:

've had mine for many years. I honestly don't know how long, but at least ten years. Now, I had a compact version in my camper. It was mounted to the galley counter. My camper bounced around a lot going down the road. I'm pretty sure that's what killed it after maybe six months.

The one I have at home looks just like yours GG.

CD

No. It was a Keurig. I just can't believe that it crapped out so soon!!! Thought that it would last for quite a while. :eek:
That is how long that I at least thought the 1st one would last!!:ninja:
've had mine for many years. I honestly don't know how long, but at least ten years. Now, I had a compact version in my camper. It was mounted to the galley counter. My camper bounced around a lot going down the road. I'm pretty sure that's what killed it after maybe six months.

The one I have at home looks just like yours GG.

CD
My nephew's wife & a friend of mine have the same model. From what I've been told, they've had them for quite a while. That gives some hope that yours & mine should last for quite a while as well!!
I hope that you have it for years, though some of the cheaper ones aren't worth buying!! Never knew that a Keurig would crap out in just 4 months!!!! 😡

Last edited:
And BTW. the instruction manual says that NO distilled water should be used!!! None at all! Also, this machine was one of the first ones made. I'm talking back in the '90's or somewhere around there. :eek:

1. Why Distilled Water should not use in KitchenAid Coffee Makers
    • Because distilled water is such a good solvent, it causes the coffee grounds to swell and slows the flow of water. This leads to bitter, over-extracted coffee or possible brew basket overflow. It is even worse with decaffeinated coffee.
    • Distilled water also causes the metal brewing element to slowly deteriorate the hot water tube, causing premature failure of the coffee maker.

Why is Using Distilled Water in a Coffee Maker Not Recommended?

producthelp.kitchenaid.com/Countertop_Appliances/Coffee_Products/Product_Info/Coffee_Product_Tips_and_Tricks/Why_is_Using_Distilled_Water_in_a_Coffee_Maker_Not_Recommended%3F

producthelp.kitchenaid.com/Countertop_Appliances/Coffee_Products/Product_I…

What is the best solvent for coffee?
    How to make decaf coffee?
    What is brew basket overflow?
    How to clean coffee maker?

Feedback
    Welcome to the new Bing
    Your AI-powered copilot for the web

Ask anything

The warning says not to use distilled water in KA coffee makers, but it also applies to the Keurig coffee makers as well!! Even though it might sound good for health reasons, it's the best method for killing your KA or Keurig coffee maker, unless you just want to buy a new one, which is what I ended up doing. Maybe, it's what killed the first one!! I DID use distilled water once, which I didn't think that it would do any harm to the machine. Oh well. Lesson learned. It killed the machine that quick!!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Distilled water has had all the minerals removed. It doesn't taste good. That's the main reason not to use it for coffee.

I just did a search, an Kuerig says that distilled water can also speed up the deterioration of internal parts used to heat the water.

My family has owned four homes with swimming pools, and hard water is actually better for them. Soft water will leech calcium from the pool walls, causing it to spall. I assume the lack of minerals in distilled water is doing the damage in a coffee maker.

CD

I found out that the Descale light comes on automatically, when it's time for the machine to be descaled. It must be cleaned then so as to keep the machine working at top performance. :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom