Brands we love

Local time
6:11 PM
I love the way some brands of clothing fit me and whenever I go shopping I head to those brands. The same is true of my cooking. I love the flavour some brands add to my dishes and insist I get those brands whoever is doing the shopping.

Recently I watched a video where the chef was making a simple macaroni salad and he demanded that viewers use Dijon Mustard for the very best results. In my case I have always chosen French's or Swiss Mustard as I am used to the flavours. Were I preparing that salad, I would also have insisted on using no other mayonnaise but Hellmans.

Let's talk brands in this thread and maybe I might step out of my comfort zone and try something new.

I love the way some brands of clothing fit me and whenever I go shopping I head to those brands. The same is true of my cooking. I love the flavour some brands add to my dishes and insist I get those brands whoever is doing the shopping.

Recently I watched a video where the chef was making a simple macaroni salad and he demanded that viewers use Dijon Mustard for the very best results. In my case I have always chosen French's or Swiss Mustard as I am used to the flavours. Were I preparing that salad, I would also have insisted on using no other mayonnaise but Hellmans.

Let's talk brands in this thread and maybe I might step out of my comfort zone and try something new.

Neither of us like Hellmans mayo, instead we use Sainsburys French Style Light. Heinz beans.

Colemans English mustard,it's a tradition for me ,the product and the history and the family,
Yes the product is from Norfolk but lady Coleman bought large areas of woodland ,near where I live ,owned by us the locals ,managed by a trust of locals ,great foraging wood land even though it's not really allowed,,under picking of the wild species

Colemans English mustard,it's a tradition for me ,the product and the history and the family,
Yes the product is from Norfolk but lady Coleman bought large areas of woodland ,near where I live ,owned by us the locals ,managed by a trust of locals ,great foraging wood land even though it's not really allowed,,under picking of the wild species
we always have a tub of this in the house.

mustard.jpg

In my home we always have Siracha hot sauce, various Nestle milk products and Unilever brands but if we're talking about mustards I always buy French's.

For me when it comes to ketchup, it has to be Heinz ketchup. I have tried many different ones and none of them even compare. When it comes to mustard it is always French's for me.

French's mustard seems very popular in America. To us Brits it is rather sweet tasting although it has gained in popularity here particularly with burgers and BBQ's. I find it way too mild. Coleman's English mustard is pretty fierce, but (oh joy!) I've just discovered an even stronger one. For all you strong mustard lovers in the UK, try this one (Daylesford). I'm very impressed.

mustard.jpg

Unfortunately the only shop I can find that sells it is Selfridges! But you can get it as on-line delivery from Ocado, which is how I got mine. You can also get it from Amazon.

Last edited:
Interstingly (or not), Colman's and French's - the accepted best commercial mustard brands in the UK and the US respectively - are both owned by the same english company, Reckitt Benkiser. Frenchs has been owned by Brits for nearly 90 years!.
That does surprise me! And (hopping threads here) "Until 1987, French’s headquarters was located at 1 Mustard Street in Rochester, New York".

Back
Top Bottom