Bread machine recipe - Walnut Blueberry Cake

cooking-gorilla

Local time
10:15 AM
I've been looking for cake recipes that work well in a bread machine and have struggled to find many that are a nice texture. I finally found this one so thought I'd share it. It's from allrecipes - http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/18299/walnut-blueberry-cake-for-the-bread-machine.aspx

Ingredients
Serves: 15

• 75g margarine, softened
  • 120ml milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 310g plain flour
  • 200g caster sugar
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 150g frozen blueberries, thawed, drained
  • 60g chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Method
Prep:10min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr10min

1. In a large bowl, beat together the margarine, milk, eggs and sugar. Stir in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Carefully fold in the blueberries and walnuts. Fold in lemon zest.
  2. Spray bread machine pan with cooking spray. Pour mixture into bread machine pan and put pan into bread machine. Select Quick Bread/Cake cycle, and press Start. Check in 1 minute to see if mixture is well blended. Cook until cake cycle stops. Cool completely in bread machine pan before removing.

Last edited by a moderator:
@cooking-gorilla - you probably wouldn't have known this but we ask members to cut and paste or otherwise reproduce the recipes in full (with the source). This is so that we don't just become one of those forums where recipes are simply links to somewhere else! I have edited your post to add the recipe.

It does look an interesting recipe - I had never even thought of cooking cake in a bread maker!

No problem and thanks for updating. I don't quite follow the instructions with this recipe - my bread machine beeps after the first mix which is when I add the blueberries and walnuts. I'm not sure if this works better but the beep means add fruit so that's what I do :)

My old bread maker instructions had a few cake recipes but I've never tried them. I bought my current bread maker secondhand so there was no instruction book with it, and the online one is lacking in recipes. I think some experimenting may be in order as I've only used the machine to prepare bread and pizza dough up till now.

Back
Top Bottom