Breakfast For Dinner

Breakfast for dinner? I often do that on busy days. Mine consists of an omellette made with tomato slices, onion slices and raw chilli. Goes down really well for me anytime!

In the UK, many cafes serve an 'All Day Breakfast'. My family often eat things typically associated with breakfast at other times of the day. Pn Saturdays, we usually have a late breakfast/ early dinner of something like bacon and eggs.

I can eat breakfast 24 hours a day if it was readily available. The only thing stopping me from doing that is I don't want to consume too many eggs in one day. I know the science over whether or not eggs are really bad for your cholesterol is all over the place with conflicting findings, but I try to limit my daily egg consumption to 2 eggs a day, and definitely no more than three eggs a day if I am splurging. But if for some reason I opted to have some toast and coffee for breakfast, I have no problem at all making myself an omelette for dinner or a scrambled egg sandwich (with fried salami and smoked provolone, on toast).

If I'm on the road, traveling somewhere, I'll generally eat on the cheap at diners, in which case I will always make a point to order a side of home fries with whatever I am getting, no matter what time of day it is. I love home fries even better than french fries, because they pick up all the flavor from the well seasoned griddle they were cooked on.

I think another reason I got hooked on eating breakfast for dinner, was when I was in school and working evenings in restaurants, I never got to eat dinner on those days - so my "dinner" was usually at like 1:30am or whenever I got out of work. Many times we would wind up at places like Perkins or Denny's getting a late night breakfast.

In the UK, many cafes serve an 'All Day Breakfast'. My family often eat things typically associated with breakfast at other times of the day. Pn Saturdays, we usually have a late breakfast/ early dinner of something like bacon and eggs.

I remember going to a hotel bar for a drink at about half-past seven one evening. There was a sign saying "all day breakfasts" and some people at the next table to me asked for one. The barmaid said, "Sorry, it's too late. We don't serve them after six."

Yes why not? I think restaurants serving breakfast all day is not going to be a fad because there are people craving for breakfast on any time of the day. There is some comfort in some of these food intended to be served in the morning.

Sometimes on a busy work night, breakfast for dinner is the perfect meal. Instead of meatloaf and mash potatoes, bacon, eggs and pancakes are just as satisfying and far less of a hassle. Does anyone here ever crave a hearty breakfast at times other than the morning? How often do you have breakfast for dinner , what do you like to eaon those nights?
Yes, I love having breakfast for dinner since breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I would say I do it about once a week and it can be anything...eggs and or pancakes are the most common for me to eat, but I do sometimes have cereal for dinner too. It is all in the day and what you need. It I simply an opion you might be looking for if you want something tasty and easy.

When i was younger we only ate breakfast type food for dinner only two times. The only reason we did that was because mom didn't have any means to go to the store. My brother wasn't driving at the time and my dad was at work. Therefore, for dinner it was eggs, bacon, and some pancakes. Wasn't bad at all and nowadays I find myself eating eggs other parts of the day too.

I prefer breakfast foods later in the day, since I'm generally not very hungry early in the morning. I also like restaurants that offer breakfast all day. I think it only makes sense. Many people work different shifts. Our supper time is their breakfast time. Plus, like I said, I'd rather eat it later myself as well. Pancakes make great lunches or dinners, and there are tons of things you can do with eggs.

I love breakfast for dinner, I probably make it for us once a month or so. I make different things but our current favourite is chocolate chip waffles, bacon, and eggs. Sometimes I make french toast instead of waffles, but I never make pancakes because for some reason they never turn out right for me. I like making waffles especially because we can freeze the extras and heat them up later in the toaster. Waffles are also a great excuse for whipped cream :)

I indulged in biscuits and gravy for dinner the past two nights. They are a form of comfort food to me, and I love to have them when my stomach is acting up, because they often settle it. I'll sometimes fry up some bacon to have with them, or if I'm really in the mood, perhaps some hash browns, but this time I had them on their own, and they were yummy.

Breakfast here is a little different. But yes, we do eat breakfast for dinners too. Or for lunch! My favourite would be Tapa and Fried Egg. Tapa is beef slices fried in oil. It is usually served during mornings. Dip it in vinegar and it's perfect! It tastes salty and savoury then sour with the vinegar dip.

Another one is Longganisa which is a sausage flavoured with different spices. Again, this tastes more delicious with vinegar. Pick the Vigan variant as it tastes heaven! Yummy! We love eating these during the mornings, but if we don't have anything to eat for dinner, why not?

I can do breakfast for dinner any time. I usually make it on nights when we are in rush to get out of the house for sports. I'll make omelettes with bacon, ham, onions, cheese, peppers and mushrooms. If it's not omelettes then I'll make sausage, scrambled eggs, and homefries. I have the TFal Actifry and it makes great homefries. Just cut up the potatoes and popped them into the actifry with a little bit of oil. If 20 minutes you have crispy homemade homefries, I usually throw in some onions about 4 minutes before they are done. It's so easy.

"Breakfast" for dinner for me usually means a bagel. Then again, breakfast for breakfast for me might mean caprese :) Breaking fast in my book is anything you choose to eat in the morning. I don't care for grits or eggs, don't put milk on cereal, hardly eat bread let alone toast... Some of the same things I eat in the morning can be enjoyed at any other time. Margharita pizza is quite good for breakfast or dinner!

Does a BLT sandwich count for breakfast or dinner? It could also be lunch. I'm not even sure which category it belongs in, but I could eat one for either.

Back
Top Bottom