Breakfast from the garden

epicuric

Legendary Member
Local time
5:06 PM
Here in the UK, gardens are at their most productive at the moment. Mine, although limited in range, is happily generating huge quantities of fruit and veg, so I thought I would try and make sure that each breakfast for the next week includes something from the garden. In the true spirit of all good plans, I went slightly off track this morning with smoked salmon and scrambled egg. All is not lost though - the salmon (regrettably) did not grow in my garden, but it was smoked there, so that's OK, isn't it?
IMG_0552a.jpg

Feel free to join in!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this (Food from the garden? What did you eat today?) were two alt.s that sprang to mind).
If you want to move this @morning glory because it'd be better somewhere else, then don't hesitate to.

A comment and a question

I've just been given a jar of gelée de mures et sureau - a blackberry & elderberry 'jelly' (ie a smooth jelly-like jam). I've never heard of this combination - has anyone else? It's still a bit fluid (not quite set) and it was suggested that I leave it for a couple of days before trying. I am curious as to whether one or the other fruit will dominate, or whether it's a new taste combination.

There's a thread somewhere else about elderflower/elderberry …?

Question: how best to photo this? the jar + some gelée spread on bread?

Anyway - in a day or two this will be breakfast for me - and absolutely from the hedgerows around the village (if not the garden)

Not sure if this is the right place to post this (Food from the garden? What did you eat today?) were two alt.s that sprang to mind).
If you want to move this @morning glory because it'd be better somewhere else, then don't hesitate to.

A comment and a question

I've just been given a jar of gelée de mures et sureau - a blackberry & elderberry 'jelly' (ie a smooth jelly-like jam). I've never heard of this combination - has anyone else? It's still a bit fluid (not quite set) and it was suggested that I leave it for a couple of days before trying. I am curious as to whether one or the other fruit will dominate, or whether it's a new taste combination.

There's a thread somewhere else about elderflower/elderberry …?

Question: how best to photo this? the jar + some gelée spread on bread?

Anyway - in a day or two this will be breakfast for me - and absolutely from the hedgerows around the village (if not the garden)

It was a post I made here:

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/have-you-ever-cooked-an-edible-weed.13151/

Back
Top Bottom