Cadburys creme eggs don't taste like they used to

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
1:37 AM
When I was a kid we always had these eggs at Easter and I remember the centre being creamy and a bit runny. Over the years they have become almost fluffy inside and so sweet I cannot bear to touch them. Maybe it is my taste that has changed but they just don't seem to be as I remember them.

Cadburys a bad word around here, they've just shut up,shop in Dunedin here with about 300 jobs lost and production moving to Australia so I'm boycotting them. Our famous pineapple lumps are no more. Sod cadburys.!!!!

Russ

When I was a kid we always had these eggs at Easter and I remember the centre being creamy and a bit runny. Over the years they have become almost fluffy inside and so sweet I cannot bear to touch them. Maybe it is my taste that has changed but they just don't seem to be as I remember them.

Well that is interesting. The creamy runny egg you describe is probably very near the top of my list of 'the most yukky food'. I simply couldn't eat one. Maybe I'd prefer the new ones!

Yes, the newer ones are too sweet. I remember the rich but not cloyingly sweet cream in the center many years ago, but now it's too much. Like sugar paste.

Cadburys a bad word around here, they've just shut up,shop in Dunedin here with about 300 jobs lost and production moving to Australia so I'm boycotting them. Our famous pineapple lumps are no more. Sod cadburys.!!!!

Russ
Same here! They used to be a fantastic company with an unparalleled history of taking care of their workers. Sadly sold by greedy shareholders in need of a fast buck to multinational Kraft, who despite promises to our stupid government promptly laid off workers and moved production to Poland. No Cadbury product crosses this threshold any more.

I believe that more artificial sweeteners are now used to reduce the levels of sugar in the mix.
No telling what the long term effects of these modified sugar sweetened eggs will have on our children.

I believe that more artificial sweeteners are now used to reduce the levels of sugar in the mix.
No telling what the long term effects of these modified sugar sweetened eggs will have on our children.
They've downgraded the chocolate too, and you only get five in a box i stead of six... who ever heard of a box of eggs only containing five?:facepalm:

I still absolutely love Cadbury Fruit and Nut bars. My wife usually puts one or two in my Christmas stocking, as well as a Toblerone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom