Calf head

Just a tiny point - how many of us actually have a pan big enough to hold an entire head ?
I have actually seen an old [similar] recipe for a bullocks head - now that is what I CALL a big pan !!

I recently acquired a reproduction of very interesting book originally published in 1852. No recipes for calf's head but a couple for sheep's head:
Photo on 09-12-2016 at 13.27 #2.jpg
Photo on 09-12-2016 at 13.34.jpg

Last edited:
Mrs. Beeton's books are available free at Amazon. There are a bunch of public domain cookbooks there.

We do have a very early edition of Mrs Beeton - not in very good condition I admit but this is a cookbook not a family bible so I guess it got dragged around the kitchen for half a century before it got dumped in someone’s attic. We love it - but some of the recipes a pretty weird to modern eyes.

Mrs. Beeton's books are available free at Amazon. There are a bunch of public domain cookbooks there.
What free in one country is not necessarily free on another as I have found out. nor is it necessarily available to members of another country. I can no longer download UK free ebooks unless I take my computer being in the UK. the same often applies between the USA and the UK as well.

What free in one country is not necessarily free on another as I have found out. nor is it necessarily available to members of another country. I can no longer download UK free ebooks unless I take my computer being in the UK. the same often applies between the USA and the UK as well.
I didn't realize that. Thanks for the clarification.
Can you use the au store?

Back
Top Bottom