Calls to ban 'freakshakes'

epicuric

Legendary Member
Local time
5:34 PM
Campaigners are calling for a ban on 'freakshakes'. These are milkshake based drinks, garnished with additional confectionaries and cream. In a survey of 46 such products, all were deemed to have excessive amounts of sugar - the worst, the Toby Carvery Unicorn Freakshake, contained 39 spoons of sugar. It would take a 25-year old three hours of jogging to burn off its 1280 calories. We wonder why there is an obesity crisis?

dagv3zgxsaisgfz.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46179175

Good effort! I would have to be paid an awful lot of money to go anywhere near that!

You'd probably have to be paid an awful lot of money to even go into a Farrell's. The whole front of the restaurant was an old-fashioned candy store, at least 20x30 feet, plus I don't think they had a healthy thing on their menu, massive amounts of fried foods, burgers, etc. Their ice cream sundaes were to die for though, especially the butterscotch as they made their own. The one closest to us was in a shopping mall and we nearly always had to go in and have ice cream when DD was little.

I wouldn't want one of those anyway. Glucose level would probably go over 1,000 or more!!! They also look creepy!!!! Almost like fungus is growing out of the glass!!!!:headshake:

Last edited:
I disagree with a governement protecting citizens from themselves.

Let the pursuit of happiness include what it may.

So do I disagree with a government taking responsibility for the ultimate care of its citizens.

While these are very broad brush strokes of ideas, It should really be the other way 'round.

I disagree with a governement protecting citizens from themselves.

Let the pursuit of happiness include what it may.

So do I disagree with a government taking responsibility for the ultimate care of its citizens.

While these are very broad brush strokes of ideas, It should really be the other way 'round.
In an ideal world I would agree with you, but it's not. Governments are more interested in protecting corporate interests than caring for citizens. Uninformed, mislead or plain stupid citizens are fair game to huge advertising budgets, but that's ok because it's good for jobs.

I agree. Hopefully this unicorn-ed trend will pass.. The unicorn-ed desserts were gross enough, now there's unicorn-ed toast -- rainbow colored cream cheese with rainbow sprinkles. Ick, Yuck!

I've got a T-shirt with a unicorn on it - but its silver not pink, yellow and blue.

It would probably taste better than those desserts and toast. LOL

This makes more sense. :cool::cheers:

drinkworks-hero-1542129109.png

Keurig For Cocktails

Keurig revolutionized early mornings by creating a machine that spews out coffee by just dropping a small pod into the dispenser. Now, happy hours are just as simple.

On Tuesday, the company introduced the Drinkworks Home Bar. It's a black and chrome box with a water tank (similar to the Keurig K Cafe espresso maker) that allows pods, which contain the ingredients for a cocktail, to make an instant alcoholic beverage—including the booze.

According to Keurig and their partner, Anheuser-Busch InBev, there are pods for 24 different kinds of beverages that include beer, cider, and over a dozen mixed drinks. Among some of the cocktails are an Old Fashioned, Cosmopolitan, Margarita, Moscow Mule, Mojito, Red Sangria, White Russian, White Wine Peach Sangria, Lime Vodka Soda, and Gin and Tonics.

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a25052508/drinkworks-home-bar-keurig-for-cocktails/

One bit of ancient wisdom was recently recovered by analyzing cave paintings in France.

Never play leapfrog with unicorns...

This makes more sense. :cool::cheers:

View attachment 20556

Keurig For Cocktails

Keurig revolutionized early mornings by creating a machine that spews out coffee by just dropping a small pod into the dispenser. Now, happy hours are just as simple.

On Tuesday, the company introduced the Drinkworks Home Bar. It's a black and chrome box with a water tank (similar to the Keurig K Cafe espresso maker) that allows pods, which contain the ingredients for a cocktail, to make an instant alcoholic beverage—including the booze.

According to Keurig and their partner, Anheuser-Busch InBev, there are pods for 24 different kinds of beverages that include beer, cider, and over a dozen mixed drinks. Among some of the cocktails are an Old Fashioned, Cosmopolitan, Margarita, Moscow Mule, Mojito, Red Sangria, White Russian, White Wine Peach Sangria, Lime Vodka Soda, and Gin and Tonics.

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a25052508/drinkworks-home-bar-keurig-for-cocktails/

Nice idea - but with a price tag of $299, I think I'll stick to my retro cocktail shaker.

Back
Top Bottom