Can anyone help me identify this plant

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
1:42 PM
We saw these beautiful flowers whilst in Kos and wonder if anyone can help identify them. So beautiful and wildlife friendly.
DSCN0002.JPG

@morning glory - apologies for being a negative Nelly but please check with your local council before planting lantana.

Lantana is classed as an invasive species here in Australia. Like so many beautiful cottage garden plants that were brought out by early settlers it thrives in some parts of Aus.

See this c&p from the Queensland Dept of Ag site. >

“Native to tropical and subtropical regions of Central and South America, lantana is a heavily branched shrub that can grow as compact clumps, dense thickets, and scrambling and climbing vines. It can smother native vegetation and form impenetrable stands.

Lantana covers 5 million hectares throughout most coastal and hinterland areas of Australia, from north Queensland to southern New South Wales and including the Northern Territory and Western Australia. Lantana could also spread to Victoria.

Lantana is a restricted invasive plant under the Biosecurity Act 2014.”

@morning glory - apologies for being a negative Nelly but please check with your local council before planting lantana.

Lantana is classed as an invasive species here in Australia. Like so many beautiful cottage garden plants that were brought out by early settlers it thrives in some parts of Aus.

“Native to tropical and subtropical regions of Central and South America, lantana is a heavily branched shrub that can grow as compact clumps, dense thickets, and scrambling and climbing vines. It can smother native vegetation and form impenetrable stands.

Lantana covers 5 million hectares throughout most coastal and hinterland areas of Australia, from north Queensland to southern New South Wales and including the Northern Territory and Western Australia. Lantana could also spread to Victoria.

Oh wow. That is good to know.

Oh gosh! I'm pretty sure it isn't restricted here. I looked up the RHS website and it doesn't mention that. I think maybe the climate here means it won't be such a surviver?

Oh gosh! I'm pretty sure it isn't restricted here. I looked up the RHS website and it doesn't mention that. I think maybe the climate here means it won't be such a surviver?
South facing and normally grown inside. Subject to a plant passport for movement within the EU.

I have a purple lantana in my yard. When i was a kid there was orange/yellow/red mix of lantana that grew wild in the ditches.

A heads up...it is poisonous so don't make a salad with it.

I have a purple lantana in my yard. When i was a kid there was orange/yellow/red mix of lantana that grew wild in the ditches.

A heads up...it is poisonous so don't make a salad with it.

We never use flowers in salads so we will be ok. Such a pretty flower.

Back
Top Bottom