Canned...

Arctodus

Local time
9:27 AM
Well according to just about everybody canned or frozen foods are not the best, but I honestly find it hard to beat a plate of store bought oven cooked frozen fries with a pan heated can of $2 chili poured over them.

Chili fries!!!

Maybe certain wild caught fish are comparable; but then again, that can only be improved by positioning that fish fillet beside a big mound of chili fries.

Just a random thought.

I like my homemade chili, no beans and spicy.
Well according to just about everybody canned or frozen foods are not the best, but I honestly find it hard to beat a plate of store bought oven cooked frozen fries with a pan heated can of $2 chili poured over them.

Chili fries!!!

Maybe certain wild caught fish are comparable; but then again, that can only be improved by positioning that fish fillet beside a big mound of chili fries.

Just a random thought.

Well according to just about everybody canned or frozen foods are not the best,
Canned maybe not, but modern freezing techniques and processes are really good now and frozen mixed veg, frozen (single source) veg, and frozen fruits are not only cheaper, but often fresher and not nutritional that buying the same as fresh when it is out of season.

I have no issues using frozen veg or fruit in our meals regularly. I am much more careful with buying frozen ready meals though. They are a different kettle of fish completely. But fresh frozen veg and fruit is hard to beet and often cheaper that the identical fresh out of season.

I´m in the "home-made" camp, but that´s just because I prefer it that way. I can remember tinned foods being rather dire in the 60s and 70s, and I can vouch for that because I once had a summer job in Smedley´s Canning Plant.
These days, techniques are far more advanced and tinned foods are far more varied. Everyone to their own, I say.

Back
Top Bottom