Recipe Carrot Cake Oatmeal

Pat

Veteran
Local time
12:17 AM
Saw this while on Pinterest thought I would share, enjoy!

Carrot Cake Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats
Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 8 hours

Yield: 12 cups of oatmeal

Ingredients
  • 2 cups steel cut oats
  • 1 cup shredded or julienned carrots
  • 1 cup small diced carrots
  • 1 cup golden raisins
  • 1 cup unsweetened coconut (shredded or flake)
  • 8 cups water
  • 2 cups skim milk
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • toasted walnuts for topping, optional
  • brown sugar for topping, optional
  • milk for topping, optional
Cooking Directions

1. In a large slow cooker, combine oats, carrots, raisins, coconut, water, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set on “warm” and cook for 8 hours. Serve with brown sugar and toasted walnuts if desired.
  2. Note: I use a 6 quart slow cooker and it is nearly full with this recipe. If you have a smaller sized slow cooker (or aren’t feeding an army), you may want to cut the recipe in half.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for sharing this recipe to us. I would definitely try making this one out. I love carrots, I think I'm a human version of Bugs Bunny. :D I have already made a carrot milkshake and I totally loved it. For sure, I'm going to like carrot cake oatmeal too as it seems really delicious. :okay:

That sounds like a healthy carrot cake recipe idea! However, I feel like it would need a little more to sweeten it. But this is something a person could make for their own kids without needing to worry f they are having too much sweets or sugar!

I know this is going to rob a tad of the healthy from the recipe but have you tried it with condensed milk? I think that might help give it a creamier/sweeter taste. You don't have to go crazy with it. Just a drizzle at the end.

A drizzle of condensed milk on the top of the oatmeal sounds so good. Maybe it should be desert instead of breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom