Recipe Chicken En Papillote with Soy Sauce, Chilli and Mushrooms

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
2:48 AM
This is a super ‘low-fat’ and low calorie dish cooked without any oil. Its also super easy to make. If you want you could add oil to the papillote or you can add a drizzle of sesame oil before serving. Minus the oil the dish is under 250 kcal.

fullsizeoutput_409b.jpeg

Ingredients (per serving)
1 skinless chicken breast fillet
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp Worcerstershire sauce
1 spring onion (scallion), sliced
4 small mushrooms, sliced
1 fresh chilli (of your choice), sliced
2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
A small cube of fresh ginger cut into thin slices or matchsticks
Salt and pepper
Sesame oil to drizzle (optional)

Method
  1. Marinade the chicken breast with the chilli, garlic, ginger, mushrooms and spring onion in the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce for 30 mins. You could leave this overnight.
  2. Heat oven to 180C.
  3. Place the chicken breast together with the marinade ingredients on a sheet of foil lined with baking paper. Add a little salt sprinkled on top of the chicken and a few grinds of black pepper.
  4. Cover with a second slightly larger sheet of foil to form a tent. Crimp the edges of the foil together to form a tight seal.
  5. Bake for 25 mins.
  6. Open the ‘papillote’ and char the chicken and some of the chillies and onions with a blow torch. You don’t have to do this but it does improve the look of the dish and the slightly charred spring onions and chillies are delicious.
  7. Drizzle with sesame oil (optional).
  8. Serve with rice or noodles.

fullsizeoutput_409c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_408b.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the nice recipe and great formatting! I could easily import it into my recipe software. This will be on the menu next week!

I hope it works out. Its very low (negligible) in fat but you could always add some oil or butter to the 'papillote' if you prefer. To get the seared top you really do need a blow-torch. But you can make it without - it just won't look quite as appetising.

Back
Top Bottom