Recipe Chocolate Beetroot Cake

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
3:12 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
This has me intrigued. I love beetroot but would never have thought of putting it in a cake let alone with chocolate!

www.kelliesfoodtoglow.com/2011/04/05/chocolate-beetroot-cake/

Looks wonderful doesn't it!

dsc_0097.jpg

dsc_0060.jpg

Attachments

• dsc_0097.jpg
    dsc_0097.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 173
  • dsc_0060.jpg
    dsc_0060.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 163
Wow, that looks really moist and delicious! Chocolate and beetroot sounds odd at first but I bet it adds a lot of texture and moisture to the sponge. Does it count as one of my five-a-day?

It looks extremely rich, not sure I would fancy trying it but then I am not a fan of chocolate cake anyway.

I think I've had beetroot and chocolate cake, and very nice it was too. Like carrot, or courgette, the beetroot adds moisture, without tasting too strongly of vegetable.

i tried it on a menu a few months ago,beetroot and chocolate brownie,it took a bit of convincing people,and the over in vogue was chocolate and chilli,
along the vegetable root i have done parsnip and orange cake that was quite nice

i tried it on a menu a few months ago,beetroot and chocolate brownie,it took a bit of convincing people,and the over in vogue was chocolate and chilli,
along the vegetable root i have done parsnip and orange cake that was quite nice

Chilli chocolate can be delicious if done properly, I have had some horrid stuff before now.

Chilli chocolate can be delicious if done properly, I have had some horrid stuff before now.
We had varying degrees of chilli chocolate at a the South Devon chilli farm ,different experience,but never got the hang of chilli ice cream

That looks very nice. I have heard of using beetroot in chocolate cake before, but have never tried it myself. But after looking at that I may well have a go.

We had varying degrees of chilli chocolate at a the South Devon chilli farm ,different experience,but never got the hang of chilli ice cream

I agree with trying different variations but chilli ice cream is just 1 step too far

It looks good, does it taste like chocolate?

Back
Top Bottom