recipe-image-legacy-id--1255486_9.jpg

Ingredients
  • 150ml double cream
  • 200g good-quality dark chocolate
  • 100ml strong coffee
  • 4 tbsp brandy (optional)
  • vanilla ice cream, to serve
Method
  1. Put the cream in a saucepan over a medium heat and gently bring to the boil. Meanwhile, chop the chocolate into small pieces using a heavy knife and prepare the coffee.

2. Once the cream is just boiling, turn off the heat and throw in the chopped chocolate. Stir gently until completely smooth, then add the coffee and brandy (if using).

3. To serve, divide between 4 small bowls and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to each.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, April 2013
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3020688/chocolate-soup

This looks like more of a chocolate sauce than a chocolate soup. But, that doesn't mean it's not tasty. However, I don't understand that word in parenthesis on the 4th ingredient: I don't think I could be motivated to have more than a few spoonfuls without the proper incentive of that 4th ingredient.

This looks like more of a chocolate sauce than a chocolate soup. But, that doesn't mean it's not tasty. However, I don't understand that word in parenthesis on the 4th ingredient: I don't think I could be motivated to have more than a few spoonfuls without the proper incentive of that 4th ingredient.
It's not as bad as it looks in the picture, or as it sounds.

Relative made it a few years ago at the West County, for a celebration meal.

Back
Top Bottom