Choose one cheese

Yes, there is a Cheez Whiz, and yes, it's also a joke. Cheez Whiz is considered the lowest of the cheese-like substances (though you do need it to make a proper Philly cheesesteak).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheez_Whiz

It even comes in flavors!

Gotcha !! Nothing like the real thing though. I just made a cheese on toast sung Swiss cheese and bacon and. Onion. Yummy.

Russ

image.jpeg

Really! You have pain In your mouth all the time? You must be able to get something to numb it for you? I've never heard of anything like it??

Russ
It's not treatable in my case.
On a strong stomach, and not before eating, Google a geographic tongue. Mine is chronic and permanent. If responds to very little except for a seriously high level of zinc in my diet. It's been like that all my life. At its worst, I can't eat or drink even water. Straws come in very useful. But anything strongly alkaline or acidic makes it worse, but even things like yoghurt, fruit, fizzy drinks, squash (flavoured drinks type) and do on set it off. As a child I couldn't use anything but salt to wash my teeth in. I hate salt ad a result. But even sauces like tomato sauce in lasagne can 'set it off'. It's a real nuisance.
In the past, I would treat it using very cold milk to sooth the pain and give me something I could drink. But that's no longer an option.
The only treatment available is to use lidocaine or xylocaine (local anaesthetic ointment) directly onto the tongue, but apart from testing horrendous, it also triggers breathing problems (in everyone) because it's not designed good the mouth). There's no cure, it's genetic.

It's not treatable in my case.
On a strong stomach, and not before eating, Google a geographic tongue. Mine is chronic and permanent. If responds to very little except for a seriously high level of zinc in my diet. It's been like that all my life. At its worst, I can't eat or drink even water. Straws come in very useful. But anything strongly alkaline or acidic makes it worse, but even things like yoghurt, fruit, fizzy drinks, squash (flavoured drinks type) and do on set it off. As a child I couldn't use anything but salt to wash my teeth in. I hate salt ad a result. But even sauces like tomato sauce in lasagne can 'set it off'. It's a real nuisance.
In the past, I would treat it using very cold milk to sooth the pain and give me something I could drink. But that's no longer an option.
The only treatment available is to use lidocaine or xylocaine (local anaesthetic ointment) directly onto the tongue, but apart from testing horrendous, it also triggers breathing problems (in everyone) because it's not designed good the mouth). There's no cure, it's genetic.

That's so terrible. I take my good health for granted I think. Not thinking of the people that suffer like you and others.
Enjoy your break!!

Russ

Gouda - although this is a hard choice. I also want to say Fontina, but I figure I could always smoke my Gouda for a change-up.

First, it has to be melt-able, and it has to have some good flavor. It has to taste good both hot and cold (Swiss just doesn't cut it when cold). It's got to slice nicely (cheddar just tends to crumble).

I'm refusing to take part in this one.....I've been thinking about it for a couple of days and still cannot decide :(

One thing that has intrigued me though.....some contributors have said "Swiss cheese" or "Blue cheese" as if they were actual names of cheeses, whereas I would consider them categories (or types) of cheeses. Eg. blue cheese for me includes a whole range of very different cheeses from Blue Stilton and Shropshire Blue, to Roquefort and Dolcelatte.

One thing that has intrigued me though.....some contributors have said "Swiss cheese" or "Blue cheese" as if they were actual names of cheeses, whereas I would consider them categories (or types) of cheeses. Eg. blue cheese for me includes a whole range of very different cheeses from Blue Stilton and Shropshire Blue, to Roquefort and Dolcelatte.
I had said exactly the same about cheddar. To me that is a category of cheese as well.

I'm refusing to take part in this one.....I've been thinking about it for a couple of days and still cannot decide :(

im not refined enough to know the difference. im sticking with blue cheese lol

Back
Top Bottom