Recipe Citrus chicken

LissaC

Legendary Member
Local time
7:30 PM
I call this one of my lazy recipes. It's easy and quick to make and always turns out delicious. It's such a staple in my house that I never thought of taking photos of it :roflmao:

For 1 chicken:
- Salt
- Butter
- Thyme
- Juice of 2 large oranges
- Juice of 4 limes + zest of 2 limes
- Juice + zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in equal amount of water

1. Slightly brown chicken in the pan
2. Add salt, lime and lemon zests and thyme, stir and let it brown a bit more
3. Add juices, let it simmer. Add cornstarch. Let chicken cook thoroughly and serve.

My notes on this recipe:

* You can replace cornstarch with other thickener (I've tried coconut milk and it tastes well). You can even skip the thickener, just know that the sauce will turn out very thin.
* You can add orange zest but it will probably overpower the lemon and the lime.

Happy cooking!

We have a restaurant chain here called Pollo Tropical. They use citrus juices in their very popular, grilled chicken and the vegetables they serve with it. I do a lot of Cuban style cooking. They have a marinade/sauce they call mojo (mo ho). they make it with either lime juice or sour orange (Seville orange) juice, lots of garlic, onions, dry herbs and spices. Cuban cuisine doesn't use really spicy chilis.

I call this one of my lazy recipes. It's easy and quick to make and always turns out delicious. It's such a staple in my house that I never thought of taking photos of it :roflmao:

For 1 chicken:
- Salt
- Butter
- Thyme

3. Add juices, let it simmer. Add cornstarch. Let chicken cook thoroughly and serve.

My notes on this recipe:

* You can replace cornstarch with other thickener (I've tried coconut milk and it tastes well). You can even skip the thickener, just know that the sauce will turn out very thin.
* You can add orange zest but it will probably overpower the lemon and the lime.

Happy cooking!

I love citrus marinades. I have a few recipes on here. It works great on chicken and pork chops!

For 1 chicken:
- Salt
- Butter
- Thyme

My notes on this recipe:

Happy cooking!

So is it cooked in a pot or a pan In the oven? Sounds very good, I have a glut of lemons at the moment!!

Russ

Back
Top Bottom