Coffee Snob?

I wouldn't call myself a coffee snob, just like with pretty much everything else I prefer some things but if I can't get it then it's fine and I'm completely satisfied with a similar product from another brand etc. But I definitely do like good coffee and try to taste different ones when I have the chance to. Instant coffee though... only if I can't get regular one. (which has happened quite a lot at work)

I couldn't possibly be a snob. I've only been to Starbucks once! :giggle:

I've always preferred tea. Though if I am having coffee I tend to have it black so that might make me a tad more able to tell the difference between a delicious & an okay cup of Joe. It's tough to gauge when the cup is 90% milk/sugar to 10% coffee.

I am not a coffee lover and i do drink coffee in some occasions only. And when I do I just want the instant decaffeinated coffee with cream. That is why I am not particular with those branded coffees that we had in the market because I do not drink coffee.

I'm not a coffee snob in my own home where I'm making the coffee myself. However, I get what I pay for. So, when I go out to eat or to somewhere that coffee is the main thing sold, I expect results for what I pay. I'm not sure if that makes me a coffee snob though, but if I get a pumpkin spice coffeee at a specialty place, then it should at least have all it's ingredients in it and no substitutes unless I'm allergic to them.

I love instant coffee. Normally I buy Nescafe. I am not snobby about coffee. Yet I will not drink Folgers, I don't like the taste of it. I also normally love gas station coffee over big branch coffee. I really do not like the taste of Starbucks coffee. I personally think it taste like the sticks you stir with.

I'm not really picky with my coffee simply because I don't know much about it. The first kind of coffee I tried was instant coffee and that was already okay with me as is. When I did taste better tasting coffee like the freshly brewed ones and the really expensive kinds from different places, I realized that there was a difference but that didn't change my thoughts about instant coffee. Whatever coffee it was, I always liked because it was coffee! I liked the taste and I love drinking it, that's that.

I'll let you read this ,a cup of kopi Luwak was on a programme lately and was £300 a cup
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak
Even without going to the article, I know exactly which one you are going to be referring to and I just can not imagine what could possible make it taste better than normal coffee!
For me, it is a worse concept than eating your own placenta. :yuck: :sick:

Even without going to the article, I know exactly which one you are going to be referring to and I just can not imagine what could possible make it taste better than normal coffee!
For me, it is a worse concept than eating your own placenta. :yuck: :sick:
What sifting through a small mammals jobbies
And then grinding the undigested beans and grinding them into a coffee ,

I don't drink coffee very often, but when I do, I like something that tastes like it hasn't been scraped off a floor. The best coffee I had came from Ethiopia, given to me as a leaving present when I worked there. A lady brought in some raw beans and roasted them for me. The only thing that concerned me was coming back through customs - my bag smelled so powerfully of coffee that I was afraid they'd think I was using it to mask whatever illegal substances I was carrying back to the UK.

I'll let you read this ,a cup of kopi Luwak was on a programme lately and was £300 a cup
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

I wouldn't drink it unless you are absolutely sure where it comes from.

Civet cats are wild animals, but are now often captured and kept in horrible conditions to make collection of the droppings easier (as mentioned in the wiki article).

The producer countries routinely under-declare how much is collected in order to maintain the price premium.

I think I'm a bit of a coffee snob sometimes - I think a big part of that comes down to having spent time living in Melbourne in Australia, which is known for it's coffee and cafe culture. I've had some of the best cups of coffee in my life there, and it's hard for me to get things to match the perfect taste of those cups.

Back
Top Bottom