Coffee/Spice Grinders

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
6:56 PM
I think we were talking about coffee bean & spice grinders/mills earlier, so let’s see yours!

Here’re mine (coffee on the left, spice on the right):

Neither one cost more than $10US.

We’re not big coffee drinkers, maybe twice a week, so we don’t need a top-of-the-line one.

I will say, I appreciate the retractable cord on the Proctor-Silex one, and if I had my way, it would be mandated that every small kitchen appliance have a retractable cord.

I never do much to clean the coffee grinder except for wiping it out with a damp cloth. I do clean the spice grinder every so often (though it doesn’t look like it) with some rice.

What’s yours look like?

I will say, I appreciate the retractable cord on the Proctor-Silex one, and if I had my way, it would be mandated that every small kitchen appliance have a retractable cord.

My spice/coffee grinder does not have a retractable cord. In fact I don't like retractable cords and prefer detachable cords like these (preferably the one on the right).

If all electric appliances had these then you would only need a set of four or five in the kitchen for all your appliances.

I don't have a coffee grinder as we don't drink coffee other than instant (occasionally) but my spice grinder, which could also act as a coffee grinder, is a Wahl (around £20). It doesn't have a retractable cord but the cord winds around under the base for storage. I'l try to post an photo tomorrow.

I've 2 identical coffee/spice grinders. I used to only have the 1 and ran rice through it when I needed to switch between coffee (for hubby) and spices or nuts. but then hubby got the equivalent of a mention in dispatches at work and was given a gift card to catch.com and lacking any ideas on what to get from there, we replaced our 7 year old spice/coffee grinder with the exact same model again (2 of) and have the old one away to charity.

They came with a handy little guide on how much of what spice/nut/seed can go through them at any one time.

Back
Top Bottom