Come Dine with Me.... have you? Would you?

LadyBelle

Veteran
Local time
8:35 PM
Slumped on the sofa after a trying day in work I find myself watching Come Dine with Me.

I used to really love this programme but now it seems more to be about making fun of people than about the food. Anyway got me thinking... have you ever been a contestant? Would you go on it?

For me it's a no (being on tv fills me with horror). I was invited to audition for it when they were filming in the area - I assume a friend tried to set me up, I declined.

Last edited:
Slumped on the sofa after a trying day in work I find myself watching Come Dine with Me.

I used to really love this programme but now it seems more to be about making fun of people than about the food. Anyway got me thinking... have you ever been a contestant? Would you go on it?

For me it's a no (being on tv fills me with horror). I was invited to audition for it when they were filming in the area - I assume a friend tried to set me up, I declined.

I watch the show occasionally but it does seem to have become rather silly. I wouldn't take part because like you I have a horror of being on TV. Otherwise I would. I would take part in a Come Dine With Me between friends (not televised). But I don't have enough friend who cook. Or maybe I just don't have enough friends. :cry:

As far as I know, it hasn't been on network (free) TV. We have not subscribed to a cable, satellite, or dish service since the mid-80s. It might be on a cable (subscription) channel, but I've not heard of it until just now.

As far as I know, it hasn't been on network (free) TV. We have not subscribed to a cable, satellite, or dish service since the mid-80s. It might be on a cable (subscription) channel, but I've not heard of it until just now.

Its surprising there isn't an American version as its quite a winning formula for a TV show. Maybe you don't get so many 'reality' TV shows as we do.

IMO, we get far TOO many "reality" shows. That's part of the reason I don't want much TV. Hubby watches a number of sit-coms. I'll join in watching one if I'm not busy with something else, otherwise I skip them. The annoying, overdone laugh tracks have a lot to do with that. There are six dramas that I do make a point of watching over the course of a week; they comprise the bulk of my TV viewing. I do have the TV on as background noise when I work in the kitchen at times, but at those times it's usually the local news or a PBS cooking or travel show.

I've seen the Australian one I think. @Frizz1974, is that right? I'm not sure it has been Stateside.

I thinks it has been here but I have only seen bits of the U.K. version when it's happened to be on at my inlaws - most of them have cable and like cooking shows. I'm not sure which platform the Aussie version is shown on.

I think it would be fun to participate as long as the focus was on the food.

ETA. I just had a quick look. Yes. It's on the Lifestyle channel on Foxtel here.

Back
Top Bottom