Convenience foods

I buy a couple of HEB store-branded foods. I love their tamales, which are a PITA to make at home. They also have very good egg rolls.

I agree with medtran49, Those FarmRich jalapeño poppers are terrible. The only ones I have tried that are usually good are the TGI Friday's brand. P.F. Chang's meals are tasty, but they are sodium bombs, so I can't have them.

I buy Ore-Ida frozen potatoes, both French fries and tater tots. I deep fry them (double fry). I can't do any better making from scratch, so why bother. it is also nice that I can pull out just enough for one serving anytime I want.

On that same note, if I just want one serving of mashed potatoes, I use Idahoan powdered potatoes, in the single-serving cups.

I don't buy frozen pizzas. I either make my mini pizzas (often), or order a pizza delivered (a few times a year).

CD

Not russet potatoes?

Russ

No sweet tooth here. We have a bag of potato chips/crisps In the pantry I can grab anytime. Only 1 brand I like. I will open maybe once a month?
Chocolate wife buys weekly and I may have 2 squares from the whole block. Only if it's peppermint. More often than not, it isn't.

I'm the only person in my group of people that doesn't like ice cream. Unless its lime.

Russ

Not russet potatoes?

Russ

If you are referring to the powdered potatoes, they started as russets. Idaho is known for their potatoes, and they are predominately russets. The frozen French fries are also russets.

CD

If you are referring to the powdered potatoes, they started as russets. Idaho is known for their potatoes, and they are predominately russets. The frozen French fries are also russets.

CD

That's what I thought. Equivalent to our agria?. Boiling frying roasting. I buy 10 kg bags from Local farm.
Pretty certain mcds are these as well.

Russ

The nicer grocery chain here, Publix, has their own ready to cook meals as well. They are very expensive though, nearly as much as going out for a decent dinner or picking up takeout from a decent place. If I don't feel like cooking, then I'll pay the few extra $ and go the no cook route. Besides that, when they do put them on sale, it's almost always we're out or the manager didn't order that kind.

That's what I thought. Equivalent to our agria?. Boiling frying roasting. I buy 10 kg bags from Local farm.
Pretty certain mcds are these as well.

Russ

McDs in the US are russets. Russet potatoes are large, starchy, and good for frying.

CD

McDs in the US are russets. Russet potatoes are large, starchy, and good for frying.

CD

Well I didnt know this?

Completely new to me. Never heard of them.

Russ

Screenshot_20230915-155911_Chrome.jpg

I don't use ready meals. There is nothing much here anyway.
If I need a quick meal I take one of my home made ones out of the freezer.

I do use 2 minute noodles quite often, but never the sachet

When my hands are hurting or my stomach is bad I like to make instant potatoes or the tub of already made (like Bob Evans in USA fridge case) and gravy.

We eat Indomie noodles sometimes with homemade sambal or satay sauce as an extra. Also fish fingers are something we frequently eat, or other frozen snacks. Otherwise no complete meals.

Sometimes I buy a pizza, but since I've lost weight I find ready made pizza's not worth it. I only go out to a restaurant to eat them.

Back
Top Bottom